Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
RIPPLE ALERT!!!
12-28-2017, 10:59 AM
RIPPLE ALERT!!!
I'm surprised Jsnip hasnt focused on XRP in his vids. I know there are 100billion tokens, but half of those are locked away in smart contracts for the next 4 years. I've noticed the MM sites have barely even mentioned RIPPLE amd yet they have the 3rd largest market cap in the crypto game. The list of partners is huge:

http://gtgox.com/partners-of-ripple/

razzle34dazzle, proud member of Realist News since Aug 2012.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: RIPPLE ALERT!!!
(12-28-2017 10:59 AM)razzle34dazzle Wrote:  I'm surprised Jsnip hasnt focused on XRP in his vids. I know there are 100billion tokens, but half of those are locked away in smart contracts for the next 4 years. I've noticed the MM sites have barely even mentioned RIPPLE amd yet they have the 3rd largest market cap in the crypto game. The list of partners is huge:

http://gtgox.com/partners-of-ripple/

%60 of the tokens are owned by CENTRAL BANKERS.
When hard times hit, they will dump all their tokens to cash out and screw everyone over big time.
Ripple is 'centralized' as well and closed source software. These are bad things.

Not saying you can't make money with Ripple, but buyer beware.

Thornz, proud member of Realist News (Jsnip4) since Apr 2017.
12-28-2017, 03:37 PM
there is 100billion tokens total

the circulating supply is 38,739,144,847 XRP

the rest of the tokens are locked away in smart contracts that will release 1 billion tokens a month for the next 4 years. So that is 48 billion tokens.

the central banks do not own ripple. ripple is owned by a san fran firm and the company itself owns the smart contracts..... so the company holds 50% of the tokens in smart contracts, not the central banks

also, it doesnt look like XRP is going away, i have a relative that works in vanguard, and through the grape vine the plan is basically to hedge their positions with xrp:

basically, if you had a usa company had a contract with said company in europe, they would be exchanging in dollars/euros for example. if when the said contract matured/expired and for example the euros were down in value, then the usa company would lose value on the contract, so the plan is to use xrp at the start of the contract so their is no fluxation between both companies native currancies.

It sounds very interesting, the only part that spooks me is the release of a billion tokens per month for the next 4 years as that is practically dillution.

But imagin in the future all leading banks worldwide were to conduct business between themselves in xrp, thats multiple trillions of dollars for this market cap

12-28-2017, 11:46 PM
(12-28-2017 03:37 PM)razzle34dazzle Wrote:  there is 100billion tokens total

the rest of the tokens are locked away in smart contracts that will release 1 billion tokens a month for the next 4 years. So that is 48 billion tokens.

the central banks do not own ripple. ripple is owned by a san fran firm and the company itself owns the smart contracts..... so the company holds 50% of the tokens in smart contracts, not the central banks

also, it doesnt look like XRP is going away, i have a relative that works in vanguard, and through the grape vine the plan is basically to hedge their positions with xrp:

basically, if you had a usa company had a contract with said company in europe, they would be exchanging in dollars/euros for example. if when the said contract matured/expired and for example the euros were down in value, then the usa company would lose value on the contract, so the plan is to use xrp at the start of the contract so their is no fluxation between both companies native currancies.

It sounds very interesting, the only part that spooks me is the release of a billion tokens per month for the next 4 years as that is practically dillution.

But imagin in the future all leading banks worldwide were to conduct business between themselves in xrp, thats multiple trillions of dollars for this market cap

Do you really want to invest into the industry that will 100 % fail in the next couple years ?
It's like investing in horses for transport, a few month before the car industry starts... or the mail delivery, 1 year before emails get massively adopted... Does'nt really make sense, no matter what the price is today, no matter what it will be tomorrow... just dont put money into an a industry that will be 100 % disrupted in the coming month...

The first anonymous bitcoin lottery
12-29-2017, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2017 11:00 AM by razzle34dazzle.)
(12-28-2017 11:46 PM)NorthBlade Wrote:  

Do you really want to invest into the industry that will 100 % fail in the next couple years ?
It's like investing in horses for transport, a few month before the car industry starts... or the mail delivery, 1 year before emails get massively adopted... Does'nt really make sense, no matter what the price is today, no matter what it will be tomorrow... just dont put money into an a industry that will be 100 % disrupted in the coming month...

follow the money, ripple briefly became the 2nd largest crypto market cap yesterday. With a move like yesterday, you can bet that many new eyes are following XRP. Unfortunately, at this time it is not easy to buy XRP for a newbie. Coinbase doesnt have it, and the approval process is taking weeks to get approved on certain exchanges that offer it. BitStamp being one of them, I've applied over 20 days ago and still have not got approved, mind you XRP was trading at .40 cents then. I did my research and figured out how to transfer btc f/ coinbase to GDAX and then to Binance where I got my XRP and then moved it to my toast wallet.

No one can predict the future, but I'm following the money, if coinbase adds XRP, thats only gonna prop the price up higher IMO.

01-02-2018, 06:06 PM
(12-29-2017 10:50 AM)razzle34dazzle Wrote:  
(12-28-2017 11:46 PM)NorthBlade Wrote:  

follow the money, ripple briefly became the 2nd largest crypto market cap yesterday. With a move like yesterday, you can bet that many new eyes are following XRP. Unfortunately, at this time it is not easy to buy XRP for a newbie. Coinbase doesnt have it, and the approval process is taking weeks to get approved on certain exchanges that offer it. BitStamp being one of them, I've applied over 20 days ago and still have not got approved, mind you XRP was trading at .40 cents then. I did my research and figured out how to transfer btc f/ coinbase to GDAX and then to Binance where I got my XRP and then moved it to my toast wallet.

No one can predict the future, but I'm following the money, if coinbase adds XRP, thats only gonna prop the price up higher IMO.

No, Coinbase adding XRP as a rumor has already been priced.. Watch the drop when that does not happen...

The first anonymous bitcoin lottery
01-03-2018, 06:50 AM
RIPPLE ALERT!!!
Look at it as a long term nascar race the beginning can seem vary promising for the for for forerunners. It's the end of the race what counts. Some promising competitors may crash and burn before the end. Its not that I think that about XRP, I'm just saying be careful!
https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/m...d-purpose/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALERT TO ALL IRS CASES!!! – IRS Lufkin Case proving no Jurisdiction outside of DC Thinker 0 1,029 03-04-2016 08:41 PM
Last Post: Thinker
  JOBS ALERT: FBI Struggling to Hire Computer Techs Who Don’t Smoke Marijuana silversurfer 1 2,528 02-17-2016 02:52 PM
Last Post: mcetcher
  ALERT! L.A. Methane Leak: They may have “lost control of entire gas field” silversurfer 3 2,243 02-05-2016 07:10 PM
  “THE ISIS STORM: America On Alert” — History Channel Propaganda EXPOSED silversurfer 3 3,035 11-29-2015 11:03 PM
  ALERT! - STATE OF EMERGENCY FOR THE WEST LAKE NUCLEAR SITE NEAR ST. LOUIS Thinker 0 1,607 10-28-2015 07:17 PM
Exclamation I. WARS - TOTAL EMERGENCY ALERT Update: Global Meltdown Begins ?! AdamAntium 0 2,178 09-07-2015 06:35 AM
Last Post: AdamAntium
  ALERT! - Alternative Medicine Doctors Dead - Number goes up to "8" Thinker 1 3,835 07-12-2015 10:11 AM
Last Post: People4People
Exclamation Vaccine Alert! People4People 15 10,005 05-11-2015 11:17 AM
  Hillary Alert: New Emails Mean Benghazi Isn’t Over Thinker 0 1,021 05-02-2015 12:30 AM
  Propaganda Alert - Yellowstone Bubbling Helium - Workers With Toxic Orange Suits Thinker 0 1,231 04-30-2015 01:04 PM
  ALERT!!! POSSIBLE WEB - BOT HIT? SEXUAL ABUSE! WTFisthedeal 15 9,592 04-18-2015 04:57 AM
  'DIRTY BOMB' ALERT! Radioactive Device Stolen From Mexico Lab by Gunmen! Thinker 1 2,022 04-17-2015 08:39 AM
  Nationwide ‘Emergency Alert’ Test Causes Panic, Confusion Thinker 0 957 03-31-2015 05:39 PM
  CRITICAL ALERT! Massive Wealth Theft From The Middle Class NOW. By Gregory Mannarino Thinker 1 1,216 03-29-2015 08:02 PM
  Chinese/Russian Troops Training on USA BASES – ALERT ~JADE HELM GOING LIVE EARLY Thinker 3 2,008 03-28-2015 03:05 PM
  ALERT: Top Navy Officer FIRED by Obama For Exposing Massive Threat to US Thinker 1 1,148 03-16-2015 04:56 PM
  RED ALERT! David Cameron Announces the END OF FREE SPEECH! Thinker 5 3,201 03-10-2015 07:02 PM
Last Post: People4People
  Alert - Additional Ammunition ‘Bans’ Via Executive Decree Thinker 1 953 03-08-2015 04:55 PM
  ALERT: Greek PENSION FUND Looted to Bailout German Banks - Going Global! Thinker 2 1,352 03-08-2015 02:25 PM
Bug Vatican Adds To The War On ISIS, Head Of Vatican Security Says His Team Are On Alert People4People 2 1,211 03-03-2015 04:30 PM