Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 3.63 Average
Radioactive Iodine In Phoenix Milk 1600% Above EPA Limits
04-20-2011, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2011 06:38 PM by Markvette.)
Report dated April 20, 2011

Alexander Higgins, is a well respected blogger, writer and researcher. He has contacts in various Governmental Departments, businesses and Watchdog agencies who provide him with tips on what is REALLY going on regarding the most important events that are affecting us, but are never reported, or are underreported by the msm.
Like this one. A tipster showed him where all of the documentation is accessible to the public (and as well to the media, should they ever grow a set and do the right thing) at the Arizona State official website.

Here is the link to the Emergency Information web page within the Arizona State website:
Arizona Emergency Information Network (AzEIN)

What to do if you are in a different State?
As I understand it, each State as a mandatory obligation to provide emergency info to its constituency.
However, They just have to provide it.
They are no obligation to announce the info publicly or show were the provided info may be obtained UNLESS SPECIFICALLY ask, on an individual basis.
So ...
Go to your State's website and look for Emergency Information. Not the 'preparedness' info, although it may very well be hidden with that auspice. On AZ's site it has its own section.

Still, any TV or news reporter worth his/her salt should have attempted to ask the State what they were doing about the FUK-U-shima radiation monitoring, since the Federal Corporation (aka THE UNITED STATES) has said that "Monitoring [the radiation] is not a priority for the EPA".

M V
Sorry! There is no website I can refer you to for common sense.
That you'll have to develop on your own.
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2011, 06:43 PM
RE: Radioactive Iodine In Phoenix Milk 1600% Above EPA Limits
Needless to say ANY discovery of radiation is alarming.
But this reading is the highest in the country so far.
And not a peep or a word from the msm, local or otherwise.

Strive to stay informed with current information, folks.
It just may save your life, and the lives of those that are entrusted to you-
The people you love .

M V
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan
04-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Directly from the government document:
Quote:The Arizona Department of Agriculture and the Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency routinely monitor Arizona milk
supplies. Following the nuclear incident in Japan, trace amounts of Iodine 131 have been found in different
samples. These types of findings are to be expected in the coming days and are far below levels of public health
concern, including for infants and children. Please note that all findings at this point are far below the FDA
Derived Intervention Level of 4,600 pCi/L
. Iodine-131 has a very short half-life of approximately eight days, and
the level detected in milk and milk products is, therefore, expected to drop relatively quickly. State officials will
continue to test and closely monitor for radiation levels.
MILK SAMPLES FROM THE PHOENIX AREA

Collected Iodine-131/pCi/L Error range Lower Limit of Detection
3/21/2011 1.8 +/-0.21 0.66
3/23/2011 7.1 +/-0.36 0.66
3/25/2011 12 +/-0.50 0.66
3/25/2011 2.6 +/-0.21 0.48
3/29/2011 <LLD 0.66
3/30/2011 48.0 +/1.4 0.48
3/31/2011 8.9 +/-0.39 0.48
4/01/2011 19.0 +/-2.4 5.3
4/01/2011 44.0 +/-2.5 4.0
4/01/2011 22.0 +/-2.1 5.0
4/05/2011 9.1 +/- 0.43 0.64

NOTE: U.S. Derived Intervention Level is 4,600 pCi/L for milk.
LLD is Lower Limit of Detection in pCi/L.
pCi/L is picocuries per liter of milk.

Help me understand this if you can. If the intervention level, which I would describe as the "limit", is 4600 pCi/L wasn't the highest level on 3/30 only 10.4% of that? I must be confused again. These radiation numbers are perplexing for sure.

Goats are like mushrooms. If you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters.
--
Please Watch This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOZycbm3s08
A warning from 12g
---
Visit My Youtube-a-ruby-doob
04-21-2011, 03:10 AM
(04-20-2011 06:52 PM)12gaugeangel Wrote:  Directly from the government document:
Quote:The Arizona Department of Agriculture and the Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency routinely monitor Arizona milk
supplies. Following the nuclear incident in Japan, trace amounts of Iodine 131 have been found in different
samples. These types of findings are to be expected in the coming days and are far below levels of public health
concern, including for infants and children. Please note that all findings at this point are far below the FDA
Derived Intervention Level
of 4,600 pCi/L
. Iodine-131 has a very short half-life of approximately eight days, and
the level detected in milk and milk products is, therefore, expected to drop relatively quickly. State officials will
continue to test and closely monitor for radiation levels.

Help me understand this if you can. If the intervention level, which I would describe as the "limit", is 4600 pCi/L wasn't the highest level on 3/30 only 10.4% of that? I must be confused again. These radiation numbers are perplexing for sure.

It's a matter of which agency you go by as to the (alleged) safe limit.
I highlighted the FDA in red above. AND, remember it is cumulative. AND, the half-life in the body (absorbed) is 4 times longer.
The FDA has its set limits for milk. 4600 pCi/L
The EPA has set safe limits for water only, and it is much lower then the FDA's limit for water or milk. 3pCi/L.
Here is the EPA data:
Japanese Nuclear Emergency: Radiation Monitoring

So, the title is correct. Since the EPA does not have guidelines for milk he used the one for drinking water. His point, and he is right, it's only a matter of semantics. If you drink milk with the same level of contamination as the water; What is the difference????

And here's the diabolical thing of it - FDA radiation levels for milk allow for cancer deaths in 1 out of 2,200. The EPA guidelines for drinking water only allow cancer fatalities for 1 in 1 million.

Let me say that again: The FDA Allows 1 in twenty-two-hundred people to DIE of cancer as a direct result from Iodine-131 contamination. AND, they do not signify the number of folks who will GET cancer, but do not die from it.
They'll suffer a lower quality of life, of course. Pain, suffering - a burden to loved ones. But, they won't die.
Thanks FDA for looking out for us allowing the nuclear industry to give the gifts that keep on giving.
Caesium-134: half-life = 1 year
Caesium 137: half life = 30 years

Both are commonly found in milk when Iodine-131 is detected.

One more thing, Angel.
THERE IS NO SAFE LIMIT of exposure to ANY product of nuclear fission!
Most of the isotopes we are likely to encounter thanks to FUK-U-shima are NOT naturally occurring.

Is it making more sense?
Or did I put my :angel: on overload? lol

M V
04-21-2011, 08:49 AM
I just checked our milk at home this morning with my radiation detector and it did not change at all. I wonder though, if these amounts being found in milk like your article states, can even be detected by a radiation detector?

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/jsnip4

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." -George Orwell
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Mark. Thanks for the clarity. I totally get that any amount is bad. Was confused by the FDA and EPA data, etc. Caesium is really scary... even 134 with the 1 year half life is nasty. The end is supposedly in sight, 9 months or so, but that is forever when radioactive isotopes are being released constantly.

We should have better infrastructure in place to defend against these types of contaminates. tap water should be distilled or something. I'm sure that won't happen, and I'm not sure that would actually protect against this... what a world.

Goats are like mushrooms. If you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters.
--
Please Watch This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOZycbm3s08
A warning from 12g
---
Visit My Youtube-a-ruby-doob
04-21-2011, 05:57 PM
(04-21-2011 08:49 AM)Jsnip4 Wrote:  I just checked our milk at home this morning with my radiation detector and it did not change at all. I wonder though, if these amounts being found in milk like your article states, can even be detected by a radiation detector?

I think it is a different test, Joe. It said on the AZ State site it takes three days to get the results back from ... Wherever they go to and come back from. lol
A lab, presumably.
This guy is a post graduate physics student and he tried to do the same thing you did with his detector - only thing he got was a wet Geiger Counter. Hehe

I do know there is a different test (and apparatus) for Iodine than for cesium. And cesium was not tested for in this latest round.

M V
04-21-2011, 06:12 PM
(04-21-2011 02:03 PM)12gaugeangel Wrote:  Mark. Thanks for the clarity. I totally get that any amount is bad. Was confused by the FDA and EPA data, etc. Caesium is really scary... even 134 with the 1 year half life is nasty. The end is supposedly in sight, 9 months or so, but that is forever when radioactive isotopes are being released constantly.

We should have better infrastructure in place to defend against these types of contaminates. tap water should be distilled or something. I'm sure that won't happen, and I'm not sure that would actually protect against this... what a world.

Sure thing. I had to re-read it a couple of times till I finally saw what he meant. He could have made it a bit clearer, though. Shouldn't make us have to work to see the whole picture.

You said it, Sister! What a world, indeed.

I know, right? You'd think that two Gov agencies with common responsibilities and mandates would both be on the same page and have the same guidelines, max limits, testing protocols, etc.

Wait ... What am I thinking! Duh! Of course they don't.

This is, after all, the U.S. Government. A subsidy of, and who's officials are, funded by every major corporation on the planet - Foreign and domestic.
And completely void of compassion for their fellow man and woman.
Bloody Tyrants.

M V
04-21-2011, 09:24 PM
So how many gallons of milk per month before we die? Hey I was just wondering because my kids normally go through about 5 gallons a week.

Your Destiny is Your future.

Want to learn to earn?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2011, 05:56 AM
(04-21-2011 09:24 PM)ohoh7 Wrote:  So how many gallons of milk per month before we die? Hey I was just wondering because my kids normally go through about 5 gallons a week.

Oh no, Ohoh ...
Even at the suggested allowable "safe limit" of 2000 pCi/l you may consume only one pint a day. The three things to remember are:

Children are at a higher risk to develop cancer, or fatal exposure even at low doses. It hits their physiology more profoundly than it does for adults.

Second; when absorbed by the body, the half-life doubles.
For Iodine-131, complete decay is about 18 days, whether it is in milk, or water or on the grass the cows eat.
When absorbed in the body, however (Not just ours, in the cow as well) it's decay is slowed, which increases the time frame for complete decay to 36-40 days.

And, lastly; it is cumulative. Each exposure adds to the previous.

There is a fix for Iodine-131 contaminated milk - Freeze it for 20 days. It will stay fresh, the Iodine-131 will decay away, and then once you've thawed it out in the fridge overnight .... Got milk? Yes, you do!

Caveat: This does not work for Cesium. Or any other beta, gamma or alpha radiation for that matter. Because their half-life ranges from 12 months to 30,000 years, depending.

I don't mean to scare you, just wanted you to see the whole picture so you can make informed decisions.

Okay, Ohoh7?

M V

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zimbabwe new currency limits bank withdrawls - Push for digital cash - Africa 1st? Thinker 1 1,029 05-10-2016 10:07 AM
Last Post: Thinker
  Dual meaning of the 1988 Economist Magazine Phoenix; The rise of tribe of Dan Oxnard 4 2,269 03-27-2016 07:53 PM
  REALIST NEWS - Indian Point Power Plant’s radioactive leak Not Looking Good Thinker 1 1,399 02-22-2016 03:29 AM
  Europe Refugee Crisis:Germany Munich is at its limits Arctic 2 1,772 10-06-2015 09:39 PM
Last Post: Sempi
  Supreme Court Blocks Obama’s Limits on Power Plants-New Life for COAL Stocks? JPMsecretagent 2 2,449 07-07-2015 01:01 PM
Last Post: JPMsecretagent
  'DIRTY BOMB' ALERT! Radioactive Device Stolen From Mexico Lab by Gunmen! Thinker 1 1,939 04-17-2015 08:39 AM
  Judge limits evidence on role of main perpetrator of Boston Marathon bombings Thinker 0 808 03-06-2015 02:51 PM
  Nigel Farage: "This EU is the New Communism. It is Power without Limits." Thinker 0 920 01-24-2015 02:09 PM
Exclamation Holder Limits Seized-Asset Sharing Process That Split Billions With Local, State Cops People4People 0 1,042 01-17-2015 01:41 AM
Last Post: People4People
  Paranoia has its limits as gun sales slump JPMsecretagent 0 803 05-20-2014 02:18 PM
Last Post: JPMsecretagent
  CME mulls price fluctuation limits for gold, silver futures SoberOne 3 1,476 05-02-2014 09:07 AM
Last Post: silversurfer
Exclamation Fresh Fukushima Leakage: Over 200 Tons Of Radioactive Water Pumped Wrong Way People4People 1 1,308 04-15-2014 12:10 PM
  Germany Has Stated the U.S. NSA is Operating Without Limits, and Is Out of Control. silversurfer 2 845 04-10-2014 04:55 PM
  Hanford radioactive leak risk increased Arctic 0 1,107 03-03-2014 04:32 AM
Last Post: Arctic
Music Radioactive Cesium 134,137 from Fukushima found in Canada's drinking Water Thinker 2 1,366 03-03-2014 12:17 AM
Last Post: Mac
  Ukraine Capital Control Crunch: Largest Bank Limits Cash Withdrawals To $100 Daily Mac 0 945 03-02-2014 01:44 PM
Last Post: Mac
  Radioactive Plutonium Plume Coming Out of New Mexico's WIPP Arctic 1 1,675 02-26-2014 10:28 PM
Exclamation Dying US Sailors Admit To Pouring Tons Of Radioactive Waste Into Oceans People4People 0 1,131 02-20-2014 08:01 PM
  Judge who Ruled Raw Milk Illegal In Wisconsin Conveniently Now Works For Monsanto Law shane777 0 808 11-13-2013 04:00 AM
Last Post: shane777
Exclamation 17,000 Containers, 14 Reactors, 19 Vessels With Radioactive Waste Submerged In 1 Sea People4People 0 1,106 10-25-2013 10:42 AM