Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Pay pantries for affordable food storage
11-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Pay pantries for affordable food storage
I haven't been on in a while. My computer bit the dust and my little boy had been real sick for a few weeks. After he got out of the hospital, I started playing catch up to get everything caught up for winter. Including rotating the food storage. While I was at Cincinnati children's, a case worker had came in and gave me a list of pantries in my area that don't base their services on income. You have to pay a small amount to go to these places($2-$5) & you can go weekly, no questions asked. There are 2 close to me. They sale things super cheap. In one trip to each ($6 total) I was able to get coffee, sugar,flour, cooking oils as well as canned meats, fruits and veggies. As well as fresh fruits, breads milk
Almost $100 in stuff, for $6!!! Look around in your area for these pay pantries.the economy sucks for us all. Every little bit helps. Lots of love positive energy and prayers to all.

Joanna76, proud member of Realist News since Aug 2011.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Living in a Greenhouse Surrounded by Food! Thinker 4 7,216 08-24-2016 04:02 PM
Last Post: Thinker
  Peanut butter - a superior survival food Fiat Facade 0 3,528 10-28-2014 10:46 AM
Last Post: Fiat Facade
Thumbs Up Five Inexpensive Ways to Store Your Food People4People 0 3,420 12-21-2013 02:46 PM
Last Post: People4People
Information Bug Out Bag Healthy Food Options To Make Yourself Or Purchase People4People 0 2,488 08-09-2013 09:49 PM
Last Post: People4People