Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Must all posts turn into a pissing contest? Really?
09-19-2011, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 03:31 PM by showmeasign.)
Must all posts turn into a pissing contest? Really?
The ego needs to be left at the door before entering. the whole point of this site is get info out. It doesnt matter if you think its relevant or not, someone else might. I dont care who reads my posts or how high its rated, thats not the point. Im going to post what I feel is important for others to be aware of or think about. I'm not going to try to persuade someone to my side of the fence. Im not out to win a popularity contest. If you dont like what someone posts dont read it. I skip by plenty of posts because I dont care about the info. That doesnt mean I need to insult the poster, antagonize them, or cuss them out.

Theres so much polarity out and about theres no way in hell we can even consider fixing anything. people cant even get along in a forum or express their opinion without being ridiculed or butt hurt.

Complete waste of time and counter productive.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2011, 03:47 PM
RE: Must all posts turn into a pissing contest? Really?
Been like that here for quite some time. Used to be a "Reputation" rating system. What a good idea to get rid of that, but the reality is, most people here are waiting for a comet to kill us all anyway... useless to try and have any real discusions as they will be shot down immediately by "doomers"...

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
09-19-2011, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 06:50 PM by Slash'D.)
My Opinion:

Q: Must all posts turn into a pissing contest?
My A: In my opinion no, this has not have to be that way, that said, it does not mean it cannot happen. Since there seem to be no rules/laws what ever you want to call them, we CAN do that. Wether its good or bad, should be your own decision, alot of people are still not awake to the reality that, IMO there is not really bad or good, because in reality that is just a perception. I mean I could care about rates and stars and glitter and glamour, but in the end, whats the point? I agree with the fact that people here should post because they want to share information, but dont go out and say this or that is the truth. Now as I have said before, I am not claiming to be perfect, nor am I claiming to be an *****. I can say or do what ever I want, thats just the reality of the internet, wether I like it or not. So you have a choice here, in participating in the rating and starring game or not. I read/listen to what I feel like listening and reading, and I can decide that the information is not good, that does not mean its not the truth. Its just an opinion.

Slash'D is Back
09-19-2011, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 09:31 PM by redexe.)
The problem seems to be that people cant handle not constantly being agreed with. I mean it's gonna happen. People may not agree with you. I mean, I was on the debate team in high school and a little in collage and what i learned is leave your ego at the door and make sure you have at least 2 facts to back up your fact or leave it in your mouth. Once you put something out into the public domain, people have the right, as a result of that, to have an option on it. The point of this site may be to get the news out, but that doesn't make it a automatic dumpster for unverified regurgitated crap news.

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:

1.) A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged
2.) An Internet message board.

most recent app
09-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Start thinking with your whole brain, instead of only your left.

Slash'D is Back
09-30-2011, 09:50 PM
What redexe says though makes me think of a lady I met back 3 years ago. She was strange, and very adament about how we came up with proof according to her she believed there had been Nuclear wars before man ever came up with Nuclear bombs, and she said there was proof. So I looked at what she had for proof most didn't pan out. But a few things did, when I told her what archiologists had found, she said it couldn't be used as proof because its what they believed and not real proof. To her, if you dont see it happen it never happened. Which brought up a good question. If you didn't see yourself be born, then are you really you?

Your Destiny is Your future.

Want to learn to earn?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2011, 04:14 PM
(09-30-2011 09:50 PM)ohoh7 Wrote:  What redexe says though makes me think of a lady I met back 3 years ago. She was strange, and very adament about how we came up with proof according to her she believed there had been Nuclear wars before man ever came up with Nuclear bombs, and she said there was proof. So I looked at what she had for proof most didn't pan out. But a few things did, when I told her what archiologists had found, she said it couldn't be used as proof because its what they believed and not real proof. To her, if you dont see it happen it never happened. Which brought up a good question. If you didn't see yourself be born, then are you really you?

Subjective, but in reality no. Every cell in my body has been replaced since then. And I have 32 years of experience that has obliterated the me that was born that day. So technically, Ive change so much that I consider my self born of experience and a entirely different entity. As far as who I am on paper, documentation is only recorded information, it can never been used to prove anything. So I'm me as long as I'm in this country.

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:

1.) A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

most recent app
10-07-2011, 07:53 PM
This is why I rarely venture here anymore.

Penetrate this smoke screen I see through this selfish lie.
10-07-2011, 08:32 PM
But we miss you dw

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
10-16-2011, 03:51 AM
Lets make it a shitting contest.

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:

most recent app
10-16-2011, 08:32 AM
(10-07-2011 07:53 PM)dwdoyle Wrote:  This is why I rarely venture here anymore.

Did you find a better place to discuss news?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  #343 Posts To His Own Thread/Diary - Who wants to be at the top of Realistnews? Thinker 3 4,173 11-27-2015 07:39 AM
Last Post: mcetcher
  I LOVE TO READ MY OWN POSTS. I'm COOL UCOMusic 24 16,281 11-10-2011 09:31 AM
Last Post: joyee