Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
I DONT CARE ABOUT SLASH's OPINIONS
10-28-2011, 03:44 PM
I DONT CARE ABOUT SLASH's OPINIONS
about the Bible or anything else they post because it really does not have to do with news (usually). They seem to want to CLOG the list with their ranting and raving.

"Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website."

We do have to worry about "drama" if SLASH is involved and SLASH never seems to stay on topic. People that want substance and REALNEWs are not going to stick around if SLASH is allowed to post their ranting and keep clogging up the list of threads so that the relevant news is pushed down to the bottom or the next page.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2011, 03:48 PM
RE: I DONT CARE ABOUT SLASH's OPINIONS
shallow
11-01-2011, 08:54 PM
(10-28-2011 03:44 PM)RAASLA Wrote:  about the Bible or anything else they post because it really does not have to do with news (usually). They seem to want to CLOG the list with their ranting and raving.

"Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website."

We do have to worry about "drama" if SLASH is involved and SLASH never seems to stay on topic. People that want substance and REALNEWs are not going to stick around if SLASH is allowed to post their ranting and keep clogging up the list of threads so that the relevant news is pushed down to the bottom or the next page.

I can say that about 50% of the post on this forum. Again, if you regurgitate articles that have been put up on another website, how do you know if its not info tptb haven't put out? Do you think anyone here traces back information to see where it originally came from? I don't believe most have, hence, in my OP its not news at all. Rather, sensationalism. Even more so, people here don't discus anything at all. They just copy paste then move on. Who could ever treat this seriously. There for, in my opinion, slash's behavior is perfectly acceptable on this forum and its current social climate warrants even more to become this way.

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:

1.) A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged
2.) An Internet message board.

most recent app
11-06-2011, 09:59 AM
They may copy and paste news and then others may discuss. This is REALIST NEWS isn't it? When people "reguritate" articles that they have gotten from other websites, then it is up for discussion from everyone to say whether they think it is newsworthy or not. Many times people will have relevant information pertaining to it. I don't know about other people but I have a lot going on and I don't have time to talk about someones opinion of the Bible. I am sure there are a lot of forums for that. What is news? "News is the communication of selected[1] information on current events which is presented by print, broadcast, Internet, or word of mouth to a third party or mass audience."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News
So that is what many people on this forum are doing--copying and pasting current events to discuss. Maybe everything else should go in the "sandbox". At least there is an option for that.
11-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I can see that view. Ive seen people repost stuff the posted earlier because no one cared about it the first time.

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:

1.) A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged
2.) An Internet message board.

most recent app
11-09-2011, 06:33 PM
(11-06-2011 09:59 AM)RAASLA Wrote:  They may copy and paste news and then others may discuss. This is REALIST NEWS isn't it? When people "reguritate" articles that they have gotten from other websites, then it is up for discussion from everyone to say whether they think it is newsworthy or not. Many times people will have relevant information pertaining to it. I don't know about other people but I have a lot going on and I don't have time to talk about someones opinion of the Bible. I am sure there are a lot of forums for that. What is news? "News is the communication of selected[1] information on current events which is presented by print, broadcast, Internet, or word of mouth to a third party or mass audience."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News
So that is what many people on this forum are doing--copying and pasting current events to discuss. Maybe everything else should go in the "sandbox". At least there is an option for that.

How is news defined as just "current events"? The admission that the incident that led us into the Vietnam war never really happened wouldn't be news by that definition as an example. Past events are just as important as current events in understanding what's going to happen next imo.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Faith: noun-1. basis for all insanity in human history; 2. The absence of critical thought.
12-23-2011, 08:45 AM
No one said anything about current events. It is just that when someone says "I don't like it when people poop their pants" kind of thing, it just is a waste of everyone's time. Use your brains, use your discretion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Dont Like Edro's behavior! Slash'D 8 6,381 09-06-2011 03:41 AM
Last Post: edd818