Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How Your Mind Distorts Reality - Needy vs Non-Needy Perception
06-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Star How Your Mind Distorts Reality - Needy vs Non-Needy Perception

http://www.actualized.org/

B-COGNITION

1. Seen as whole, as complete, self-sufficient, as unitary. Either Cosmic Consciousness (Bucks), in which whole cosmos is perceived as single thing with oneself belonging in it; or else the person, object, or portion of the world seen is seen as if it were the whole world, i.e., rest of world is forgotten. Integrative perceiving of unities. Unity of the world or object perceived.

D-COGNITION

1. Seen as part, as incomplete, not self-sufficient, as dependent upon other things.

B-COGNITION

2. Exclusively, fully narrowly attended to; absorption, fascination, focal attention; total attention. Tends to de-differentiate figure and ground. Richness of detail; seen from many sides. Seen with "care," totally, intensely, with complete investment. Totally cathected. Relative importance becomes unimportant; all aspects equally important.

D-COGNITION

2. Attended to with simultaneous attention to all cause that is relevant. Sharp figure ground differentiation. Seen imbedded in relationships to all else in world,as part of the world. Rubricized; seen from some aspects only; selective attention and selective inattention to some aspects; seen casually, seen only from some point of view.

Continue At : http://bestselfusa.com/articles-and-refe...-cognition

~The beginning of wisdom is the awe of God ~" Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein~

>>> WE monitor YOU<<<

[Image: nibiru.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 05:36 AM
RE: How Your Mind Distorts Reality - Needy vs Non-Needy Perception
I have watched only a few minutes of this video yet and allready have tons of interresting thoughts on the subject. First off, I do not agree with everything Maslov says, and also not with everything Leo says. Sure, from a neutral point of view a mosquito can be seen as a wonderous creature, but cancer, is not an organism, it´s a malfunctioning out of control growth of human cells, there is nothing beneficial or marvelous about it. It serves no one, in my opinion. We do not have to put pink goggles on and force ourselves in unnatural ways to like every thing in order to have a holistic point of view. That is unnatural, we have not been put here to be accepting off or pretend to like things we do not like in reality. The assumption we have to be egoless or selfless is presumptuous , it´s not based on anything except martyrdom.

If we want to have a true holistic point of view, how can we achieve that by excluding ourself from the picture and looking at nature (and life) as something ´´not needing us´´ ? I want to argue that the true holistic perception includes US, ourselves! A basic philosophic truth is that something cannot be holistic or inclusive of everything when it excludes YOU, or supposedly doesn´t ´need´ you .. I also fail to sense how that whole idea is somehow empowering for us, it´s not. It´s my belief that when we embrace raw experience and exclude the concoctions of the mind, that apparatus that is the real divergent, the source of all distinction, that we experience the miracle of being ourselves, with all our flaws, desires, likes and dislikes, needs and wants with no self judgement which paradoxically enables us to let go of the judgement of our surroundings, other creatures, flies and even cancer.Experience that sought after oneness and acceptance. It´s my personal hypothesis that all hate, anger and judgement stems from self-hate, or self abandonment, self abdication, and it´s impossible to become more loving of the world you live in, while rejecting or excluding yourself, or becoming ´selfless´ this is the same subtle way religions have taught us shame and self loathing, in order to become a better, more spiritual person. Has it ever worked ? Well it sure worked out fine for the people who taught it .. because we became meek and tame and could be handled.

There is much more to be said on a big topic like this one, this was just a gut response that found it´s way through my cerebellum.

Leo obviously is a smart guy, and he has many interresting things to share, I have to say though, that I have seen some things in his videos I personally don´t like so much. A tendency towards oversimplified black and white thinking and mild narcissism, in the way he is supposedly on his way to become non judgemental and selfless, yet at the same time, he calls certain people ignorant, losers, bums, you name it, that does not add up. Making the watchers of the video feel they are special, more advanced, or smarter and therefore better than other people, has a name, it´s called narcissism and it´s not egoless at all. The truth is, you can´t talk yourself into holistic thinking, or force yourself into acceptance. It is only when you learn to start to see the benefits of not making a big deal out of things, the perks of not getting stressed over things you do not control, that your mind can slowly be convinced that a holistic or accepting and positive attitude towards the world has practical advantage on every level, and that saying no to yourself means saying no to the world and to life and that saying no to life also means saying no to yourself because you are an inseparable part of life! Your life .. and you .. Sure, the world will keep going without you, but will you be there to watch it move on not needing you ? Not at all .. the big mystery is that this life is ALL about you .. and you are the main player in it, the lead role, so take the stage and don´t be self less but be yourself, be who you want to be

2D4, proud member of Realist News since Apr 2013.

EGO SUPERSTES VOS
07-07-2016, 07:02 AM
(07-07-2016 05:36 AM)2D4 Wrote:  I have watched only a few minutes of this video yet and allready have tons of interresting thoughts on the subject. First off, I do not agree with everything Maslov says, and also not with everything Leo says. Sure, from a neutral point of view a mosquito can be seen as a wonderous creature, but cancer, is not an organism, it´s a malfunctioning out of control growth of human cells, there is nothing beneficial or marvelous about it. It serves no one, in my opinion. We do not have to put pink goggles on and force ourselves in unnatural ways to like every thing in order to have a holistic point of view. That is unnatural, we have not been put here to be accepting off or pretend to like things we do not like in reality. The assumption we have to be egoless or selfless is presumptuous , it´s not based on anything except martyrdom.

If we want to have a true holistic point of view, how can we achieve that by excluding ourself from the picture and looking at nature (and life) as something ´´not needing us´´ ? I want to argue that the true holistic perception includes US, ourselves! A basic philosophic truth is that something cannot be holistic or inclusive of everything when it excludes YOU, or supposedly doesn´t ´need´ you .. I also fail to sense how that whole idea is somehow empowering for us, it´s not. It´s my belief that when we embrace raw experience and exclude the concoctions of the mind, that apparatus that is the real divergent, the source of all distinction, that we experience the miracle of being ourselves, with all our flaws, desires, likes and dislikes, needs and wants with no self judgement which paradoxically enables us to let go of the judgement of our surroundings, other creatures, flies and even cancer.Experience that sought after oneness and acceptance. It´s my personal hypothesis that all hate, anger and judgement stems from self-hate, or self abandonment, self abdication, and it´s impossible to become more loving of the world you live in, while rejecting or excluding yourself, or becoming ´selfless´ this is the same subtle way religions have taught us shame and self loathing, in order to become a better, more spiritual person. Has it ever worked ? Well it sure worked out fine for the people who taught it .. because we became meek and tame and could be handled.

There is much more to be said on a big topic like this one, this was just a gut response that found it´s way through my cerebellum.

Leo obviously is a smart guy, and he has many interresting things to share, I have to say though, that I have seen some things in his videos I personally don´t like so much. A tendency towards oversimplified black and white thinking and mild narcissism, in the way he is supposedly on his way to become non judgemental and selfless, yet at the same time, he calls certain people ignorant, losers, bums, you name it, that does not add up. Making the watchers of the video feel they are special, more advanced, or smarter and therefore better than other people, has a name, it´s called narcissism and it´s not egoless at all. The truth is, you can´t talk yourself into holistic thinking, or force yourself into acceptance. It is only when you learn to start to see the benefits of not making a big deal out of things, the perks of not getting stressed over things you do not control, that your mind can slowly be convinced that a holistic or accepting and positive attitude towards the world has practical advantage on every level, and that saying no to yourself means saying no to the world and to life and that saying no to life also means saying no to yourself because you are an inseparable part of life! Your life .. and you .. Sure, the world will keep going without you, but will you be there to watch it move on not needing you ? Not at all .. the big mystery is that this life is ALL about you .. and you are the main player in it, the lead role, so take the stage and don´t be self less but be yourself, be who you want to be

You write/sound a lot like "Thinker"

"When you see the world die, only then will you understand how real I was" - Charles Manson
07-07-2016, 04:32 PM
(07-07-2016 07:02 AM)Fiat Facade Wrote:  You write/sound a lot like "Thinker"

[Image: Laughing-Crying-Emoticon-02.png]

THE END IS NIGH
07-07-2016, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 08:42 PM by 2D4.)
(07-07-2016 07:02 AM)Fiat Facade Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 05:36 AM)2D4 Wrote:  I have watched only a few minutes of this video yet and allready have tons of interresting thoughts on the subject. First off, I do not agree with everything Maslov says, and also not with everything Leo says. Sure, from a neutral point of view a mosquito can be seen as a wonderous creature, but cancer, is not an organism, it´s a malfunctioning out of control growth of human cells, there is nothing beneficial or marvelous about it. It serves no one, in my opinion. We do not have to put pink goggles on and force ourselves in unnatural ways to like every thing in order to have a holistic point of view. That is unnatural, we have not been put here to be accepting off or pretend to like things we do not like in reality. The assumption we have to be egoless or selfless is presumptuous , it´s not based on anything except martyrdom.

You write/sound a lot like "Thinker"

Maybe that´s because I think ¨wink emoticon¨

for myself

Ps. I wasn´t Thinker, or me who brought up this woo woo subject ..

EGO SUPERSTES VOS
07-07-2016, 09:08 PM
How Your Mind Distorts Reality - Needy vs Non-Needy Perception
Whatever you say, ThinkerD2.

THE END IS NIGH
07-08-2016, 12:18 AM
Okay Sherlock ..

but if you payed attention you would have noticed that I joined this forum in April 2013, 6 months or so before Thinker. So much for that theory, or maybe you´re just bored right

EGO SUPERSTES VOS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reality Winner, the 25 year old charged with leaking classified intel Jsnip4 0 872 06-07-2017 08:49 AM
Last Post: Jsnip4
  Everybody Plays A Fool Sometime - How Long Will The Facade Fool The Mind? Thinker 8 2,540 05-17-2016 05:23 PM
Last Post: Thinker
  WAL MART !!! Caught RED HANDED Conspiracy Becomes Reality Thinker 1 1,345 05-07-2016 04:20 PM
  NY Times Reporter Found Dead After Exposing CIA’s Alleged Mind Control Program Thinker 1 1,331 04-24-2016 04:42 PM
Exclamation US-Sponsored Human Experimentation & Mind Control Increasingly In Mainstream Media People4People 1 2,077 04-18-2016 03:45 PM
  Believe in Conspiracies? You Must Have A Mind of Your Own Thinker 1 1,132 03-12-2016 12:12 PM
  Cognitive warfare - Mind control using acoustical, optical & electromagnetic fields Thinker 3 1,446 03-02-2016 01:47 PM
  Americans' Positive Perception Of NRA Soars As Obama Escalates Gun-Control Agenda silversurfer 1 1,601 01-21-2016 02:26 AM
  Jesse Ventura tests V2K mind control ( voice to skull ) weapon Thinker 5 2,942 10-09-2015 02:20 PM
  2012 Prediction - Natural gas scam to make the world pay more is now a reality Thinker 0 2,518 06-08-2015 10:25 PM
  Planet X Comedy Spoof With An Embedded Reality Check HG Spacetime 1 1,974 06-03-2015 09:03 AM
Last Post: runnerquarterly
  Mind Control? - Military Recruiting Increasingly Aimed at Children Thinker 0 1,589 05-18-2015 03:35 PM
Rainbow Mind Justice: CIA “No Touch” Torture Makes Sense... ratinacage 2 3,928 05-12-2015 12:33 PM
  REAL Commercial from AARP: For those who can't get their mind out of the box - 4U Thinker 0 1,065 04-27-2015 06:57 PM
  The ultimate result of Monarch mind control with music idols Thinker 1 1,207 03-31-2015 08:52 AM
Last Post: People4People
Lightbulb Facebook Says That We Could One Day Live In A Matrix-Like Reality People4People 2 1,160 03-30-2015 03:08 PM
Question UK's First Spaceport Fast Becoming A Reality - Jump Rooms & New Spacecraft? People4People 1 970 03-04-2015 06:53 PM
  Ron Paul: "Reality Is Now Setting In For America..All Based On Lies & Ignorance" Thinker 0 1,016 03-02-2015 02:22 AM
Bug Every Television Newscast: Staged Reality People4People 1 1,363 02-23-2015 12:14 AM
  Jupiter Ascending= how close do you think this is to reality? NickNick 5 1,973 01-19-2015 11:48 AM
Last Post: People4People