Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4 Average
How Do We Prepare?
09-07-2011, 03:26 PM
RE: How Do We Prepare?
Not enough... besides, that show or whichever one of those "survivor man" shows is cool and can help a prepper out for DOOM!!!!

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2011, 02:20 AM
bupm this *****..........

Only the Strong Survives
09-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah people might learn more stuff if they do watch shows like dual survivor. I have learned a lot from shows like that on top of what I already knew. At least this way you know something where if you don't learn it now, you will have a harder time when something bad does happen.

Your Destiny is Your future.

Want to learn to earn?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2011, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2011 09:44 AM by Ogre.)
I have updated the original list provided by 12Gauge with my preps and details as to what I’ve bought over the last 2yrs. Take a look. I have put in hundreds of hours of research into these products to find the best so if you can take advantage of my time and effort…go ahead. This might make your searches easier for products since I tried to look for the best of each product while considering cost. Preparing is expensive but if you do it a little at a time(saving your lunch/coffee) money…you would be surprised how much you can get each month. Make a list and check off everything one by one once you get it.

12GaugeAngel Wrote: Figured I would share my prep list. Might remind you of something you should have.

X - multi tool(sog B66-N-one of the best one’s out there)
X - fire kit (wetfire(good stuff), magnesium fire starter, package of disposable lighters)
X – mirror(small handheld for signaling)
X - magnifying glass
X – shovel(folding type)
X – rope (650lb strength paracord does it for most applications)
X - work gloves (Youngstown gloves are some of the best out there)
X – compass(military style type $15)
X – hatchet (1 in car, 1 at home, 1 extra just in case)
X – flashlight (crank lights-no batteries but have a few small ones, head/hat mounted)
X – batteries(eneloop are the best one’s I have found—the rest lose charge/shelf life quick)
X - am/fm radio(crank if possible and battery operated too)
X - 2way radios
X - duct tape(at least 10 rolls, they come in handy for anything, even emergency wound dressing)
X - plastic bags(trash bags/necessary for sanitation—about 500-1000 bags)
X - first aid kit (regular items too pepto/Neosporin/peroxide/meds/pain killers/bandages/wound dressing/ gold bond foot powder(ask military guys, they know about protecting your feet)
X - vitamins (centrum, multi vitamin(costco), vitamin C)
X - allergy meds(insulin too/ other meds family members will need)
X - advil
X – blankets (wool for warmth, at least 3-4(one in your car)
X – tent (coleman 3-4 person + 2-3 sleeping bags 30degree rated at least)
X - building supplies (bucket of wood nails/screws/wood glue/ all-purpose glue )
X - hand tools (hand screwdriver, hand hole drill , mechanics tool set/ tool bag w general tools/nuts/bolts/clamps)
X - monocular
X - small generator (Honda 3,500 watt does it for my house)
X – toothpaste (at least 10-20 tubes-sanitation is key to health)
X – toothbrushes (10 cheapies(for others) and 10 for yourself)
X - dental floss(good for anything and cheap—great for animal traps too)
X - mouthwash
X - toilet paper (100 rolls at least/buy in bulk..trust me, how good is survival without TP)
X - feminine products(if she’s happy …then your happy…trust me)
X – deodorant (10 sticks at least)
X - antibacterial soap(dial is the best bang for the buck)
X – seeds (non-GMO, heirloom seeds, veg, fruit)
X - canned food (all kinds that you normally eat..tuna, chicken, fruit, veg..)
X - can opener
bullion cubes
X - tea and coffee bags(coffee will be huge barter item, get some cans)
X - water filters (katadyne is the best one out there for travel, Big Berkey for home)
X - hard candy
X - dried food(pastas, rice, lentils(protein content), grain, oatmeal…)
X - cooking pot & pan (snow peak trek combo/titanium is great)
X - spoons, forks, knives(plastic packs + 3 sets of metal(if you’re lucky silver utensils because back in the day they used to use silver for utensils because it was germ resistant & antibacterial—I use an old sterling set handed down from my grandmother)
X - dog food (3-4 big bags on reserve at least)
X - leashes
X - dog toys
X - life vests(inflatable boat 3 person too-- if you live in flood locations it’s great)
X - canoe
X - SILLLLLVERRRRRRR!!!!(nuf said…at least 1oz for each day of survival…as it was said that back in the day 1oz silver was worth 1 days worth of hard work)
X - car pre-1975 (or at least engine if you have a replacement crate engine-preferable carbureted not fuel injected)
X – maps (at least 3-local area with 3 escape routes, county, and state—one in car as well, during an emergency/disaster the main routes will be packed—less= people better chances)
X – pens (cheap bic pens/disposable)
X - pads of paper (journals/ folders for scribing-cheap on back to school ads)
X - my favorite books(survival books, edible local plants, trapping, military warfare/first aid)**remember that knowledge will remain with books if all electrical goes out**
X - hunting knife(at least 3-5 knives, pocket/hunting, survival and prying/slashing machete, Item: DBA-443 from cheaperthandirt.com is great))
X – machete (SOG is great)
X - fishing kit(5 spools of 2lb(stitching), 10 lb, 20 lb, 75lb), fishing hooks, lures
X - shotgun and ammo(1,000-3,000 rds)
X - .22 rifle and ammo (for small game 5,000rds-cheap)
X - revolver and ammo (Ruger LCR or PX4 storm Sub-compact(13rds in your hand(small/concealable in your pocket)
X - taser
X - pepper spray(cheap get 5 small hand held cans)

this is a great list, remember that you will need enough for each member of your family and or some extra for a few SHEEPLE/BOZOS that will come to you for help.
so stock up enough supplies for at least 12 months of HELL!

SOME ADD ON’S TO THE LIST
X – alcohol(cheap and expensive) for consumption/bartering too
X – tobacco( buy a carton for bartering)
X – Baby wipes/supplies-don’t forget the kids supplies to get them through it
X – disinfectant wipes
X – latex gloves(1-3 boxes in case you need to dress a wound/sanitation from disease)
X – coffee filters(cheap but good for pre-filtration of dirty water)
X – crayons(good for marking on anything wood, rock in case need to leave a message, mark for others to see(won’t run in rain). Cheap—and effective-red, blue, black..)
X – binoculars – better to see others first before they see you(2 at least/good for hunting too)
X - Gun cleaning products- guns aren’t good if they don’t work
X – Spare gun parts/Mags- at least 5-7 magazines for each weapon and replacement parts)
X – spices- spices, salt n pepper packs(try eating something with no spices..then you’ll know how important spices are….especially salt(10lbs at least, I have 25lbs--remember your body needs salt)
X – oil- cooking oil(try cooking something without oil)
X – Car care products- if you have a car get the regular items in stock(oil changes/antifreeze/ wipers/ bulbs & maybe 2 spare tires) & learn the basics about your car
X- Gas containers- 5-10 gallon are best(one in the car and one at home)
X – Emergency car kit(you make) either a back pack or bag with blanket/flares/water/ nutrition bars to be able to survive if you are in your car for a few days when SHTF.
X- slingshot with ammo- for silent target hunting(small game)
X – bug repellant- if you have been in the forest or hiking then you know why
X – Energy boost – Jack3d- it’s a pre-workout but 1 scoop will give you a burst of energy for 1-2 hrs far beyond any energy drink(for when you are lethargic and low on food but need energy). 8.8 oz can is great
X- drink powder mixes- powder gatoraid is great for electrolytes(water gets boring after a while)
X- socks/extra shoes(boots & running)- a big deal once you see how important your feet are to your survival/ if you can’t walk=death or starvation
X – battery charger- to charge multiple batteries(compatible to your car or generator) also a solar battery charger if you can afford it
X – A good watch(casio pathfinders are the best PAW1300Y or PAW1500Y) or a few cheapies in case they break)
X – candles – 10-12 hr- 10hr candles are great (72 for $15 on amazon)
X – Bolt cutters- you don’t know when you need them
X- vinegar- I have (5)1 gallon jugs. Don’t know why but I’m sure I will need it
X- sunscreen- skin care is big so stock up/aloe vera too/ ointment for rashes
X- Gas Masks- Good luck if your in the city and they sue tear gas/riot control + it's good for any situation to breath clean air(NBC filter)($15 cheapies or $100-$200 quality but the filter is the important part)
THERES MORE BUT IM GETTING SLEEPY....LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS TO THE ADD-ONS. HOPE THIS HELPS A FEW PEOPLE. I HAVE A SURVIVAL BACKPACK IN MY CAR(2-3 DAY) FOR SURVIVAL, A BUG OUT BAG AT THE HOUSE IN CASE I HAVE TO LEAVE/HIKE, AND A MAIN STASH IF I AM ABLE TO HUNKER DOWN AT HOME AND RIDE IT OUT.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin
10-05-2011, 06:36 AM
This is a very good list.

Thank you

Nick
10-05-2011, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2011 08:54 AM by UCOMusic.)
(10-05-2011 06:36 AM)NickNick Wrote:  This is a very good list.

Thank you

Nick

+1 on that Nick!! Thanks 12G!

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
10-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I almost forgot the most important thing on the list….WATER

X – Water- 1 gallon/day/person(can do half gallon to be conservative). The body can survive 30+- days without food but only 3-4 days without water(fluid). If you live in the city, count on your tap water being shut off either through pipes bursting(earthquake), contamination(flooding), or out completelyCME/Solar flare(city water works off pumps(electricity) so if we have an outage and the grid goes out for an extended period of time….soon the water stops. Get some 1 gallon jugs and store them under your bed/bottom of your closet, garage out of the way. 100 1 gallons jugs is optimal till you decide what to do. Also know the local water reserves (rivers/lakes/streams/neighbors pools) in your area so if necessary you can tap into that as a reserve.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin
10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Very nice list . I dont have most of this stuff heh , I better get started

May the web bot be with you , always .
10-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Bug RE: How Do We Prepare?
Maybe I missed it but thermal underwear more then one set wool or better. Got to love that survival scout training. Cotton is no good wet.

jmtomes2001, proud member of Realist News since Oct 2011.
10-28-2011, 11:54 AM
This is down right silly.

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:

1.) A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged
2.) An Internet message board.

most recent app
10-28-2011, 12:04 PM
(10-28-2011 11:54 AM)redexe Wrote:  This is down right silly.

The list or thermal underware?

Because they help alot when its freezing and your boardmates are so stingy the heater is set at 50

jmtomes2001, proud member of Realist News since Oct 2011.
10-28-2011, 12:59 PM
(10-28-2011 11:54 AM)redexe Wrote:  This is down right silly.

LOL.........Keeps the adrenalin flowing! lol

Add canning supplies to the list. I noticed seeds, need to preserve food a? :)

JPMsecretagent, proud member of Realist News since Jun 2011.
10-28-2011, 01:11 PM
boring.... reptillian mindset here we go...

Slash'D is Back
10-28-2011, 01:12 PM
For a comprehensive list go to your local whatever *****...

Slash'D is Back
10-28-2011, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2011 01:32 PM by All$enslaves.)
How to make and use wood ash for fertilizer and charcoal, or mixed with salt as its loaded with natural minerals, some information, tools and books on how to garden indoors or out, including hydroponic gardening. Without minerals and water life ceases.. the body breaks down, eventual disease of one kind or another.

All$enslaves, proud member of Realist News since Sep 2011.
03-18-2012, 10:52 PM
BUMP.....

Only the Strong Survives
07-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Bump again.......

Only the Strong Survives
07-14-2012, 08:53 AM
People really need to be ready. Think about what just happened with all of the storms that hit so many states. They were without power for weeks. What will people do if they are not prepared for it. I know I am ready for most anything but still it wont be a years worth but at the most 4 months.

Your Destiny is Your future.

Want to learn to earn?
07-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks Edd for Bumping this.. I had printed off the list & had lost it..

OhOh, You are right. I have been working my arse off the last few months trying to get my bases covered. We have had power outages in the winter, but never during a heatwave/drought. This showed me several areas I will be needing to focus on, First on the list is a bigger water storage!!!

Joanna76, proud member of Realist News since Aug 2011.
03-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Important Need to Know & Now is the Time!
What happens when your not growing your own? - AL JAZEERA: " PUERTO RICO HAS FOOD SUPPLY FOR ONE MONTH, IF MARITIME SUPPLY CHAIN FAILS" - What Free Trade does to the world - make them depend on another instead of oneself!

2016 Water for Food Global Conference - More GMO crops?

Scientists Warning: "Prepare For Worldwide Food Shortages"

GROW YOUR OWN - FOOD IS MONEY!
http://www.realistnews.net/Thread-2016-o...-new-thing

Thinker, proud member of Realist News since Nov 2013.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientists Warning: "Prepare For Worldwide Food Shortages" Weather/Shipping Control? Thinker 2 1,735 02-23-2016 12:58 AM
Last Post: Thinker
  Lindsey is on, boys! Just late, hope everyone has started to prepare. NickNick 11 4,856 01-25-2016 03:32 PM
Last Post: NorthBlade
  Selling off the US? All southern states prepare for 4 month drill - Elections! Thinker 2 1,318 03-25-2015 01:12 AM
  De-Dollarization Continues, China And Russia Prepare To Drop SWIFT Thinker 2 1,499 03-13-2015 06:03 PM
Thumbs Down Shamed HSBC Boss To Get £7.4Million Payout As High Street Banks Prepare Big Bonuses People4People 3 2,319 03-03-2015 06:15 PM
Last Post: People4People
  US Refinery Workers Prepare to Strike Today, Representing 64% of Refinery Capacity Thinker 1 1,151 02-02-2015 03:57 PM
Last Post: mcetcher
  Illuminati Beast System Is Here! Militia's Beware/Prepare!! 2015 Thinker 1 1,269 02-02-2015 12:35 PM
Exclamation US Drops 68 Bombs On Iraq, Now Prepare For More In Syria - Insanity!!! People4People 2 1,640 08-20-2014 11:38 AM
Last Post: HG Spacetime
Exclamation FEMA & World Health Organization Prepare For A Mass Pandemic People4People 2 2,757 06-24-2014 12:55 AM
  BREAKING You now have two weeks to prepare for a massive cyber attack! Thinker 1 1,457 06-04-2014 02:14 AM
Last Post: HG Spacetime
  Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher Arctic 5 3,543 04-11-2014 08:11 AM
Last Post: silversurfer
Exclamation U.S Army & Foreign Troops PREPARE To Invade America 2013/2014 AdamAntium 3 2,469 11-02-2013 05:59 PM
Last Post: People4People
  Webbot hit= State to prepare will lead to issue own currency NickNick 3 2,391 05-07-2013 09:14 PM
Last Post: Wayno55
  I like the idea of fasting from popular culture to take that time to prepare D L V silversurfer 0 1,112 03-30-2013 04:34 AM
Video There Will Be No Economic Recovery - Prepare Yourself Accordingly Fiat Facade 4 2,269 01-15-2013 12:30 PM
Last Post: phernando
  Prepare NOW for U.S. Dollar Free-Fall. By Gregory Mannarino silversurfer 0 1,821 01-12-2013 08:52 AM
Information Age of Unpredictability - Companies Prepare for Future that Can't Be Predicted AdamAntium 2 1,454 01-04-2013 10:20 PM
Last Post: edd818
Exclamation MARC FABER - "PREPARE FOR A MASSIVE MARKET MELTDOWN"?! AdamAntium 0 1,460 11-14-2012 01:53 PM
Last Post: AdamAntium
Exclamation UNITED STATES MILITARY WARNED TO PREPARE FOR CONSEQUENCES OF CLIMATE CHANGE !! AdamAntium 0 1,350 11-12-2012 11:20 AM
Last Post: AdamAntium
  Investors Prepare for Euro Collapse minhaalma 0 1,412 08-15-2012 02:43 AM
Last Post: minhaalma