Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
How come nobody blames the Universities?
10-01-2011, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2011 04:47 PM by mobes.)
How come nobody blames the Universities?
Universities charge tuition at 3 times the rate of REAL inflation. How come nobody is protesting the universities?

Interesting formula.....blame the bank. Don't pay YOUR loan, which YOU took out, to get YOUR education that YOU chose to do and YOUR house that YOU decided to buy. How come nobody is teaching personal responsibility at these Wall Street Protests? Where were these protesters when Bill Clinton passed the Financial Modernization Act of 1999?

Caller get's schooled. I bet alot of people here think like him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2011, 06:11 PM
RE: How come nobody blames the Universities?
because people are still under the impression that university education matters. And lets not get into the student loan scam. Bunch of BS. Paying for an education is a whole lotta crap in the first place anyway...

"a foundation built on lies is always bound to crumble
those who aren't humble shall tuble to the earth"
MURS
10-01-2011, 11:17 PM
(10-01-2011 06:11 PM)acegotflows Wrote:  because people are still under the impression that university education matters. And lets not get into the student loan scam. Bunch of BS. Paying for an education is a whole lotta crap in the first place anyway...

You can do better learning a trade. You make less but you don't have the big chain around you neck. After paying the loan and interest, you end up making about the same money over a life time.

maytagday, proud member of Realist News since Apr 2011.
10-02-2011, 03:22 AM
All training and education should be free. From truck driving school to a PHD

" Have You Ever Grown anything in the garden of the mind " - Mr. Rogers
10-02-2011, 11:53 AM
(10-02-2011 03:22 AM)omnimenice Wrote:  All training and education should be free. From truck driving school to a PHD

Define 'free'. Who's going to pay for it?
10-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Notice how the caller goes DEBT = SLAVERY.

Then Pat corrects him and says slavery is not voluntary, but debt is. You volunteer yourself to enter into debt. Therefore the correct saying should be DEBT = VOLUNTARY SLAVERY / INDENTURED SERVITUDE.

Now, anybody who knows the REAL history, not the fake history that was taught in high school, the slave trade did not start on its own. It evolved from indentured servitude.

10-02-2011, 01:12 PM
But money cannot exist without debt. Everyone can't be free, some have to be debt slaves too!

Matter is nothing else than the final stages of thought manifest, with energy someplace in between.
10-03-2011, 06:19 AM
(10-02-2011 11:53 AM)mobes Wrote:  
(10-02-2011 03:22 AM)omnimenice Wrote:  All training and education should be free. From truck driving school to a PHD

No man, like everything should like totally be free, like why can't we like totally just share everything man. Like, we should like be able to get all the stuff we want for like free man, it's like totally the way man.

Friggin hippies don't get it.

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
10-03-2011, 06:21 AM
(10-02-2011 12:03 PM)mobes Wrote:  Notice how the caller goes DEBT = SLAVERY.

Then Pat corrects him and says slavery is not voluntary, but debt is. You volunteer yourself to enter into debt. Therefore the correct saying should be DEBT = VOLUNTARY SLAVERY / INDENTURED SERVITUDE.

Now, anybody who knows the REAL history, not the fake history that was taught in high school, the slave trade did not start on its own. It evolved from indentured servitude.

I have told this story to more than a few people. They just look at me like I'm a lunatic. Sometimes I think we are in fact DOOMED to the destiny we deserve. gotta keep trying though, don't we... one love

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
10-03-2011, 07:23 AM
The problem that we have is university education is not real education. It's more of a these are the rules we want you to follow thing. And elementary education teaches us not to reason and use logic but to follow procedure. I used to get F's on my math because I wouldn't show my work, figured I could be cheating. I'd do it in front of them. Still F. Here's the thing. I was dyslexic and I went to a school that taught me do my school work the way that works for me. So when I changed schools it became a problem.

Education is more subjective than objective these days. It should be free but the problem is that in this society people always think that somebody is coming for theirs. So they keep progressively dumbing down the next in line to keep what is "theirs". As long as somebody is in debt it's more difficult for them to think about making the world better as they more than likely just want their world better. It becomes dog eat dog.

My experience in education is primary and secondary schools are just babysitting and dumbing down. Stripping creativity and interest from a young age and creating dull liefeless zombies who want to fall in line with the trends than do their own thing. I was never a follower so my repuation and grades suffered.

When I transfered schools from the dyslexia school I was 9 years old and I had to take a placement test. I tested 7th grade but they kept me going to 5th. They asked me if I wanted to go to 6th, but I said no as I would still be the youngest student in 5th grade. I wound up having horrible grades but being one of the most intelligent in class. As time went I always tested at least 3 grades ahead on standardized tests and got a 146 on my PSAT ( 1460 equivalent on SAT). I only knew go to college because I grew up in inner city Miami and I was pretty much told this was the only way out. I didn't really want to go, but at the same time that's all I knew so I wanted to make my family happy. My grades were still ***** though, and so I had to go to college on a probation basis. I didn't have much as far as scholarships and grants so I had to eventually take student loans. I was pretty much a square but because where I was from and the college I went to I was treated like I was some kind of thug or something. Eventually I got tired of being treated as such and stopped caring about my education as I was graded in some cases more on the rumours of who I was rather than what I did.

Eventually I got dismissed from school because of repeated disciplinary offenses *drug related. I was doing nothing worse than lots of other students, but because I lived under the microscope hearsay was concrete evidence in their books. Because I got kicked out and couldn't go back to another state University, I just milled around menial jobs and such. Eventually employment dried up and student loans became defaulted. The thing about it was I always felt that you have debt one way or another and just have to work with it to play the game. I grew up writing lyrics and understood how the music industry worked, advance and recoup. College is no different except the interest.

If I wasn't so conflicted with what I wanted and what family wanted growing up, I probably would have taken up a trade after high school while going to community college or tech school. I feel like I've wasted my life in some aspects. But I did meet good people in college and made lasting friendships. So some good came out of the scam.

"a foundation built on lies is always bound to crumble
those who aren't humble shall tuble to the earth"
MURS
10-03-2011, 12:29 PM
(10-02-2011 11:53 AM)mobes Wrote:  

I would pay for it by stopping the war on terror and cutting off our welfare baby Israel.
Israel has the highest number of PHD’s in the world. With that many smart people. They could figure out a way to support themselves.
It's time to say FTW and care for our own.

" Have You Ever Grown anything in the garden of the mind " - Mr. Rogers
10-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I agree Omni...

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fake Universities offering students visa's to illegals. Sarge 0 2,776 04-20-2017 04:56 PM
Last Post: Sarge
  Facebook Admits to Tracking People Who Don't Use Facebook, Blames a Bug Thinker 5 3,336 04-17-2015 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thinker
Question Hillary Clinton Blames ‘Different Media’ For Dividing Country - Truth Media vs Lies? People4People 0 1,224 02-25-2015 06:22 PM
Last Post: People4People
  Obama blames while Blair becomes Serbia adviser - more war? Thinker 0 1,335 02-19-2015 07:34 PM
Question Wisconsin Gov. Proposing $300 mil. Budget Cut Public Universities - Recall Again? People4People 0 1,026 02-18-2015 04:54 PM
  Obama Blames Director Of Intelligence For Underestimating ISIS Or??? People4People 1 1,639 10-02-2014 01:44 AM
Shocked Obama Blames Skin Color & Not Actions & Words - Reason For Public Disapproval People4People 4 1,927 01-22-2014 05:06 AM
Question Knock Out Game - NY Detective Blames Black Youth - Why Is There A Push For Race Wars? People4People 4 2,266 12-03-2013 03:30 PM
  Libyan PM Captured-Al CIADA blames US 13vocals 2 1,452 10-11-2013 12:21 AM
Exclamation U.S. Gives Up On UN Security Council In Syria Crisis - U.S. BLAMES RUSSIA!! AdamAntium 1 1,031 09-05-2013 11:18 PM
  Italian Supreme Court President Blames Bilderberg For Terrorist Attacks JPMsecretagent 1 1,148 04-11-2013 10:39 PM
Last Post: 13vocals
  Aurora shooting: Bizarre court filing blames massacre on police chief, Illuminati minhaalma 0 1,984 09-09-2012 04:33 PM
Last Post: minhaalma
  Iran blames sabotage for nuclear talks lack of progress JPMsecretagent 0 1,479 06-21-2012 11:11 PM
Last Post: JPMsecretagent
Lightbulb Seeing that Universities are a bubble..... mobes 0 870 04-03-2012 07:32 PM
Last Post: mobes
Lightbulb Protesting Universities mobes 0 932 12-03-2011 12:44 PM
Last Post: mobes
  The Corporatization of Universities Jsnip4 2 1,312 11-16-2011 10:17 PM
Last Post: acegotflows
  Obama is questioned about #0ccupywallstreet and blames banks for crisis veritas 1 1,855 10-07-2011 04:11 PM
Last Post: maytagday
  French Leader Rushes To China, Blames US For Libyan Child Sex Slaves Slash'D 0 1,874 08-29-2011 11:03 AM
Last Post: Slash'D
  Whasington Post Blames Gaddafi For Norway Attack Slash'D 6 3,215 07-23-2011 10:34 AM
Last Post: abe