Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Poll: Does Connectingdots speak for all when he says the whole forum believes in his 10 X more pure Maple Leaf Coins?
Yes, we all think CD's math is spot on.
No, the forum thinks CD is way off
CD speaks for everyone here, we say so!
CD does not represent us, and we resent him saying he does.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
Connectingdots; 10Xmore debunk, a forum poll, and the bet
01-11-2012, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 12:39 AM by Markvette.)
Lightbulb Connectingdots; 10Xmore debunk, a forum poll, and the bet
CD has been pushing his ten times more pure since anyone can remember, right?
And he insists the entire forum is in his corner and thinks his 'fussy' math adds up.

I finally figured out the math to prove him wrong.

Please review my work.
I show that the Maple is .1% more pure (one-tenth of one percent)

Then, vote in the pole if you think I'm right.
Or, if you think I'm wrong.
You can chose any two options of the four presented (Two votes, in other words)
The poll is anonymous.

For your consideration:
Lets get some perspective.
If something is ten times more, you should be able to multiply it by ten and arrive at ten times more than the multiplier.
Correct?
10 x 10 apples is 100 apples and so on.
But when you are dealing with decimals, in effect, fractions of whole numbers, 10 times a decimal will move the point one place to the right.
Yes?
.101 x 10 = 1.01

10.00 x 10.00 = 100.00
10.00 x 100.00 = 1000.00
CD thinks since you increase one place to the left by multiplying by ten, you can increase one place to the right of the decimal when you multiply by ten.
WRONG!
Examples follow:

To increase the digits to the left you must multiply by a whole number.
10 (ten)
x10
x10
x10

And, to increase the digits to the right you must multiply by a decimal:
.1 (one tenth)
x.1
x.1
x.1

If what he claims was true we would simply take .999 and times it by 10.
But ... It doesn't work!
As stated above; multiply by ten, and the decimal moves to the right.
x10

Here's the REAL equation:
enter .999
hit the + key
enter .1
hit the % key
Hit the = key
(You asked it to add one-tenth of one percent to .999)

And, voila!
You get:

You've been debunked CD!
Show me how YOUR math makes 10 X .999 to equal .9999 !
You can't.
If it can't be calculated it can't be true. Calculator, long hand, slide rule, or counting fingers and toes - It has to ADD up, or it equals ZERO!

I know, you'll call me a troll and say "You can't do math, so why should I show you."
Or, "I've already shown how it is ten times more, no need to go over it again."
Right?

Let's see if the whole forum really is allowing you to speak for all of them and they agree with your fuzzy math sales pitch when they vote in the poll.

And just to show how certain I am ....
Here's the ultimate wager:

PROVE ME WRONG and I'll NEVER POST HERE AGAIN.

FAIL and you go away.

How sure are you that I'm incorrect? Huh?
Let's see!
BET?
REMEMBER - The proof must be a clean equation - all mathematics.
No links to where someone "explains" why. Words can mislead.
Mathematics is elegant, pure and incorruptible.
Of course when I asked you to honor this simple request, you employed the usual avoidance tactics.
If you refuse to accept this challenge, ....Well, I can't speak for anyone but me, But I'm call you a chickshite and unable to prove what you claim.

The gauntlet has been thrown down.

M V
Sorry! There is no website I can refer you to for common sense.
That you'll have to develop on your own.
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Connectingdots; 10Xmore debunk, a forum poll, and the bet
first off.... it's NOT my Fuzzy Math, this is how Math works, you just seem to have a hard time with Math, that's all.

...so before you go on with this thread mouthing off and name calling me some more, I'll share some info I just quickly dug up along with some old info I posted a while back when I first posted on silver purity and why Canadian Silver Maples are the best & smart choice!

...it's also where 12Gaugeangel,creator,scientificbeing got smart-mouth with me, only to find out they were wrong also...hence the reason we no longer see those MOD's as well as the MOD's left in this forum lost their colors and now remain silent and don't dare and try their BS with me anymore,except for 12Gauge but as you've seen he's pretty easy to deal with....however he seems to have a short memory so maybe all this info will revive the "Silver purity" lesson once again.

good luck/ bonne chance

enjoy....information is the key.

Quote:[Image: 4_sw.jpg]
Pure Silver Round Wire 9999 (NOT 999) 4" 12 gauge
Item No.: SW-412

Each order consist of 2 pieces of 4" Pure 9999 Silver Wire 12gauge. Each of the two pieces is 4 inches in length.

Atlasnova's silver wire has Four Nines (9999), which is mathematically equivalent to 99.99%.

If your intention is to make jewelry you do not need this level of purity. However, if you intend to end up putting something in or on your body, going for the highest level of purity (ten times) is obviously important.

http://www.atlasnova.com/SilverWire412.htm

Quote:Three 9 silver or .999 silver is the mathematical equivalent of 99.9%. Three 9 silver is the minimum grade for colloidal silver production.

The next step up in grade is Four 9 silver or .9999, which is mathematically equivalent to 99.99%.

The highest grade of silver that man can make commercially is Five 9 silver or .99999, which is mathematically equivalent to 99.999%.

http://www.toolsforhealing.com/products/...urity.html

Quote:This review is from: Silver Wire - Pure silver wire for use with the Colloidal Silver Generator, 0.999 pure

If you intend to consume the Colloidal Silver you make with silver wire you want to make sure it is at least 99.99% pure silver (.9999 silver). ALL silver contains some impurities such as Lead, Cadmium, Aluminum, Antimony, Copper, Zinc, Nickel, Manganese, Iron, Gold, and many others. As you can see, some of these metals are clearly toxic such as Lead, Cadmium, and Manganese.

While it is impossible to find pure silver you can find silver more pure than 99.9% (.999). .9999 silver has ten times less impurities than .999 silver and can be found for nearly the same price. Anything more pure than .9999 will cost 10-20 times more, but there is no reason to settle for .999.

I am sorry to the seller of this product, but this I felt needed to be said.

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Wire-silver...B000V53JUW

Quote:[Image: silverseek-LOGO.gif]

The Extra 9 in .9999 means it is 10(Ten)Times more pure than 3-9's or .999.

http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread....d-0-001-Au

Quote:The history and use of our earth's chemical elements:
a reference guide

....." Fitness is just multiple of 10 times the silver content in the item "

Quote:
..99.9% silver (.999 fine) has total allowable impurities of 1000 ppm
..99.99% silver (.9999 fine) has total allowable impurities of 100 ppm,
99.999% silver (.99999 fine) has total allowable impurities of 10 ppm

" Fitness is just multiple of 10 times the silver content in the item "

Quote:Price: $66.00 per oz. ...(just buy Canadian silver maple leafs and hang them over the rim of your jar, connectingdots1)

Item No.: SW

Available in 10 gauge and 12 gauge. One ounce is 20 inches in length for 10 gauge with a measurement of .101" diameter; for 12 gauge, one ounce is 36 inches in length and .081" diameter.

Since these are pre-cut and pre-packed, if you want to order a continuous length, a minimum order of 5oz is required. Otherwise, if you order 2 to 4 oz, you will receive 2 to 4 of 1oz each.

We have been using silver for some years. We have always been concerned with the purity of what we use. Up to now, we have only used Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins for this as they are certified by the Royal Canadian Mint to be 99.99% pure. The only silver wire that has been available has been only 99.9% (3 nines) pure. We have finally managed to persuade a major precious metals refinery United States to make a run of 9999 pure silver wire for us and we are offering them 1 ounce at a time. Atlasnova's silver wire has Four Nines (9999), which is mathematically equivalent to 99.99%. If your intention is to make jewelry you do not need this level of purity. However, if you intend to end up putting something in or on your body, going for the highest level of purity (ten times) is obviously important.

A copy of the Certificate of Analysis will be sent with the silver wire. Made in USA.

http://www.atlasnova.com/SilverWire.htm

...and since now many of you might be interested in staying healthy after reading about this colloidal stuff, I figured why not through in a Bonus round and show them all how to make this stuff!
How to Make Colloidal Silver Generator 99.99% vs 99.9% Pure Silver
Quote:STOP PAYING RETAIL FOR COLLOIDAL SILVER!

A foot of wire will last a long time and "could" treat "hundreds of gallons if done correctly"! I recommend 1 ft for each member of your family.

99.99% (4 nines) silver is 10x more pure than 99.9%. (3 nines). Don't settle for 2nd rate 99.9% (3 nines) silver. My silver is approximately 750x more pure than Sterling Silver!
You should be concerned with this if your putting it in your body!!!

I sell only the finest quality silver! Refined to a specific 99.99% pure. Backed by an assay report certificate.

btw, on my Yt channel under health helpers playlist, you'll find more info on colloidal silver/ionic health facts.

LOW GRADE
[Image: img_silver_bag.jpg] 90% “junk silver”

MID-GRADE = USD $ 34.87 ea.
[Image: img_silver_eagle_1oz.jpg] .999

PREMIUM GRADE = USD $ 33.82 ea....at low grade prices!
[Image: img_silver_maple_1oz.jpg] .9999
Quote:..." Since it was first struck by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1988, the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf has achieved great popularity. Trusted for its purity (it was the first silver coin ever to achieve a purity level of .9999 fine)..."
01-12-2012, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 12:16 PM by Markvette.)
(01-12-2012 07:18 AM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  first off.... it's NOT my Fuzzy Math, this is how Math works, you just seem to have a hard time with Math, that's all.
...so before you go on with this thread mouthing off and name calling me some more, I'll share some info I just quickly dug up along with some old info I posted a while back when I first posted on silver purity and why Canadian Silver Maples are the best & smart choice!

...it's also where 12Gaugeangel,creator,scientificbeing got smart-mouth with me, only to find out they were wrong also...hence the reason we no longer see those MOD's as well as the MOD's left in this forum lost their colors and now remain silent and don't dare and try their BS with me anymore,except for 12Gauge but as you've seen he's pretty easy to deal with....however he seems to have a short memory so maybe all this info will revive the "Silver purity" lesson once again.
good luck/ bonne chance
enjoy....information is the key.

Information, when misconstrued, is misinformation.
That is NOT how math works!
You didn't graduate High School, how would you know?
Anyone who thinks they can multiply by 10 and increase the decimal places to the right is not using math properly.
IF IT DOESN'T fit in an equation, IT IS NOT MATH!
In physics, or any discipline that relies on mathematics the theory is expressed in an equation FIRST. Words are used to DESCRIBE the math. Not the other way around.

(01-12-2012 07:18 AM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  "got smart-mouth with me, only to find out they were wrong also...hence the reason we no longer see those MOD's as well as the MOD's left in this forum lost their colors and now remain silent and don't dare and try their BS with me anymore"

Look here; I was raised by an extremely domineering Italian mother. 5-foot nothing but could kick Boom Boom Mancini's ass in or out of the ring with her rolling pin. When she yelled, the next zip code new Mom was pissed today.
The only benefit to that was ... she made us kids fearless.
Compared to her, no one on this earth can intimidate me. Certainly not a nobody like you, CD.
So cut the "I conquer" and "I cause others to back down" beating your chest like Tarzan routine. I'm immune to that crap, punk. And I never surrender.
Ever.
Not when I know I'm right.
Which brings me to ...
AGAIN -

And, Yet for a fifth TIME.
You have seen my math,

enter .999
hit the + key
enter .1
hit the % key
Hit the = key
You get:
(You asked it to add one-tenth of one percent to .999 To get an additional .0009 or .1 more pure)
Written as:
.999 + .1% = .9999

It works. Every time.
Plug it into your calculator and you get the calculation necessary to get from .999 to .9999

SHOW ME HOW YOU DO IT WITH THE WHOLE NUMBER 10! 10 times. 10 x ??
You cannot!
You have to use a convoluted way, with impurities in tenths of a percent, to try and explain it.
You're expressing impurities in tenths to explain a whole number multiplication.
And you cannot see how apples and oranges that is.

I asked, I EXPRESSLY asked - DON'T DIRECT ME to websites explaining ten times more without the math to back it up.
What do you do?
Look how many sites you try to show me.
And NONE of these have MATH to back it up.
Of the ones that say it, they are doing the same thing you are. Stating 10 times more, when it is one-tenth more.

(01-12-2012 07:18 AM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  Each order consist of 2 pieces of 4" Pure 9999 Silver Wire 12gauge. Each of the two pieces is 4 inches in length.
Atlasnova's silver wire has Four Nines (9999), which is mathematically equivalent to 99.99%.
If your intention is to make jewelry you do not need this level of purity. However, if you intend to end up putting something in or on your body, going for the highest level of purity (ten times) is obviously important.
http://www.atlasnova.com/SilverWire412.htm

Just like you, the above is a sales pitch. No math to back up the misuse of mathematical terms.

(01-12-2012 07:18 AM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  Three 9 silver or .999 silver is the mathematical equivalent of 99.9%. Three 9 silver is the minimum grade for colloidal silver production.
The next step up in grade is Four 9 silver or .9999, which is mathematically equivalent to 99.99%.
The highest grade of silver that man can make commercially is Five 9 silver or .99999, which is mathematically equivalent to 99.999%.
http://www.toolsforhealing.com/products/...urity.html

Doesn't even mention "ten times" in the one above. So, now you're wasting my time as well, CD?

(01-12-2012 07:18 AM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  [quote]This review is from: Silver Wire - Pure silver wire for use with the Colloidal Silver Generator, 0.999 pure

If you intend to consume the Colloidal Silver you make with silver wire you want to make sure it is at least 99.99% pure silver (.9999 silver). ALL silver contains some impurities such as Lead, Cadmium, Aluminum, Antimony, Copper, Zinc, Nickel, Manganese, Iron, Gold, and many others. As you can see, some of these metals are clearly toxic such as Lead, Cadmium, and Manganese.

While it is impossible to find pure silver you can find silver more pure than 99.9% (.999). .9999 silver has ten times less impurities than .999 silver and can be found for nearly the same price. Anything more pure than .9999 will cost 10-20 times more, but there is no reason to settle for .999.

I am sorry to the seller of this product, but this I felt needed to be said.

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Wire-silver...B000V53JUW

You are SUCH a TOOL! The above is written in an AMAZON REVIEW of a product!
It could have been YOU who wrote it under that name!
Please!
CREDIBLE sources, CD!

The Extra 9 in .9999 means it is 10(Ten)Times more pure than 3-9's or .999.

http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread....d-0-001-Au

OMG! Getting desperate CD? In the above you're quoting some junior member of a forum named 'golfguy' as an 'expert witness?'

This is why I asked you NOT TO DO THIS! NOT to show me MEANINGLESS links.
Do NOT waste my time or the folks reading this.
If you cannot provide the math,
YOU LOSE!

(01-12-2012 07:18 AM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  [quote]
The history and use of our earth's chemical elements:
a reference guide

....." Fitness is just multiple of 10 times the silver content in the item "

I love this one above!
Know why? Because you never bothered TO READ IT. You saw "" Fitness is just a multiple of 10 times the silver content in the item" then copied and pasted.
What is 'fitness', CD? Mr. Silver expert? That's what they are describing here.
The sentence immediately after what you quoted (and for some reason didn't include) reads:

"For instance, sterling silver should be 93% pure silver and 7% copper ... therefore the fitness rating for sterling silver is 930."

Meaning 93 times 10 (the multiple) = 930.
NOTHING ABOUT TEN TIMES MORE PURE!

(01-12-2012 07:18 AM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  [quote]

..99.9% silver (.999 fine) has total allowable impurities of 1000 ppm
..99.99% silver (.9999 fine) has total allowable impurities of 100 ppm,
99.999% silver (.99999 fine) has total allowable impurities of 10 ppm

" Fitness is just multiple of 10 times the silver content in the item "

CD, YOU MISREPRESENTED the quote "Fitness is just a multiple of 10 times the silver content in the item" in the above link.
It is NOT from the quote on that page! So, now you're "filling in" the quoted material with something taken elsewhere to 'bend it' to say what you want it to?
And that is what you think is credible?
Incredible, more like!

The rest is more of the same.
NO MATH to back up what you are calling REAL math!

No more BS, CD.

Write it out, math problem style.
10 x .999 = .9999
That is what you are saying it is. But it doesn't ADD up.
SHOW ME in an equation that WORKS, like I SHOW you.
Or, GO AWAY FOREVER!

M V
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan
01-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Ok hang on... .90 is junk, .925 is sterling and .999 is fine silver in troy ounces... an ounce is just an ounce and fine silver is always .999... am I missing something?

Quote:The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government and shall protect each of them against Invasion.

-Article IV, Section IV of the United States Constitution.

http://www.youtube.com/italianlad69
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
(01-12-2012 12:32 PM)italianlad69 Wrote:  Ok hang on... .90 is junk, .925 is sterling and .999 is fine silver in troy ounces... an ounce is just an ounce and fine silver is always .999... am I missing something?

You're correct on all points. But there is a finer grade of silver; .9999 that the Canadian Mint refines for its Maple Leaf $5 Silver coins.
The weight is 0.03 grams more - nothing of consequence.
The purity, however, is .1% (one-tenth) finer. Hence the additional decimal place.
CD insists it isn't .1% finer, but "ten times" finer.
I've tried to explain you can't use the term ten when adding a place to the right side of the decimal, you can only do that with a decimal, or fractional number - less than 1. Way less than ten. lol
But, I can't seem to shake the cobwebs loose!

M V
01-12-2012, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 07:58 PM by joerobo.)
This is an issue of semantics, not math.

The argument should be over "does 10x more refined mean the same thing as 10x as pure?"

I don't know the answer, but you are both making the same argument from different sides.

/dev/null
01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
(01-12-2012 07:55 PM)joerobo Wrote:  This is an issue of semantics, not math.

The argument should be over "does 10x more refined mean the same thing as 10x as pure?"

I don't know the answer, but you are both making the same argument from different sides.

I think you boys have one of these on your hands:[Image: oldyoung.gif]

CD refuses to see the old lady and MV refuses to see the young lady.

/dev/null
01-13-2012, 11:00 PM
As far as I can tell.... .9999 has 10x LESS IMPURITIES than .999 based on the info. But I guess you would only be looking at that last .001 if you're using math. Honestly, I think both arguments are correct. Congrats, you all win.

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
01-14-2012, 04:02 AM
I've spoken to a college professor and he said we are both right,
.9999 is one-tenth of one percent (.1%) purer, and 10 times purer than .999
but CD's math doesn't add up if he is saying .9999 is 10 x .999 because he doesn't acknowledge it is only adding .1% , a decimal place: His 'phrase' (ten times) when translated to math is:
10 X .999 = 9.99
See?
If he understood the math, he'd show it. He hasn't.
But, since the learned Prof said it's a scratch, it's a win on both cards.

The phrase ten times more is a sales gimmick meant to impress you.
To make you think you're getting more value.
You're not.
Here's an interesting tidbit you may want to consider before you buy into the .9999 sales pitch:

There is no way to test for it.
Nope.
Nada.

That's why the price of a Troy ounce at.999 and at .9999 fine silver is so close. And, most times the .999 is slightly cheaper.
What's the point of investing in one coin said to be of more value (Only CD is saying this, you understand) when if you want to sell, no one can test the difference, so essentially, they are equal?

Things that make you go hmmmm.

M V
01-14-2012, 06:00 AM
(01-12-2012 08:04 PM)joerobo Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 07:55 PM)joerobo Wrote:  This is an issue of semantics, not math.

I think you boys have one of these on your hands:[Image: oldyoung.gif]

CD refuses to see the old lady and MV refuses to see the young lady.

actually I was able to see both of them,,,not that it matter however purity does matter and being TEN TIMES MORE pure DOES MATTER...it's reason why it's said in so many places,,,he keeps inferring to my math, it's not my math or my words, the internet is load with the same quotes...I only look for 1.5 minutes and this is what I turned up,,,if you guys need more proof then let me know but from what I'm getting form this thread and mine, most of you have this under a wrap!

good!

so....now why buy something 10 times less pure for more money?
and...especially when the resale value is the same ?

Information is the Key and sharing is my motto so here's more videos on silver: Silver Stuff

..cause i'm done in this thread and heading over here Canadian Silver Maple Leafs 10 TIMES MORE PURE than ASE's," A Smart choice"
01-14-2012, 06:20 AM
(01-14-2012 06:00 AM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  if you guys need more proof then let me know but from what I'm getting form this thread and mine, most of you have this under a wrap!

Really? And, what wrap is that, exactly?
Cause this thread has a five star rating ... yours is two stars.
And the poll does not favor you at all.

I think folks are just sick and tired of your relentless ten times more ...
God, I sure am.

M V
01-20-2012, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 02:01 AM by silversurfer.)
At least put 1 measly out in your poll for CD. Rigged Poll. All poll questions weighted bias toward Markvette . Balanced weighted pollquestions are non existent in this poll.
01-20-2012, 03:02 AM
(01-20-2012 01:59 AM)silversurfer Wrote:  At least put 1 measly out in your poll for CD. Rigged Poll. All poll questions weighted bias toward Markvette . Balanced weighted pollquestions are non existent in this poll.

Dang. You DO have a bug up your bum about me getting on CD, don't ya?

This isn't a scientific poll, silly surfer.
You've taken the out, if you don't participate.

Tell me, how is this biased:
Yes, we all think CD's math is spot on.

No, the forum thinks CD is way off

Either you do, or you don't. Undecided? Don't vote.

And this:
CD speaks for everyone here, we say so!

CD does not represent us, and we resent him saying he does.

Is in reference to his constant inclusion of all members of the forum agreeing with him whenever he speaks - as if he is the forum's leader and everyone else follows by default.
So, obviously you're a fan of his, but ... You've never noticed how he does that?
Seriously?
Anyway ...
As before; can't decide if he is speaking for you? Don't answer the poll question.
Why is this so hard for ya?

And, where is it said Markvette benefits from any of the questions?
I didn't ask if MY math was better than his. Did I?

So, what's the point of your post?
Is this just you getting your 'freak on', posting freak?

Are you really trying to defend the 'salesman'?

Or just protesting the poll, which .. again ... is not considered an accurate representation of any trend or support (or lack, thereof) for or against, CD or myself.
It is just for fun.
You do remember what fun is, right?
Had to ask, 'cause it doesn't seem like you're havin' any.
lol

M V