Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Canned goods - the "best buy" date
10-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Canned goods - the "best buy" date
Regardless of what your Mom told you when you were a kid, a canned good is edible for many years after the best buy date. As years go by, the food tends to lose freshness, color and can pick up a metallic/can taste, but as long as there is no microbial contamination, the food is edible.

Always store canned goods in a cool place and make sure the cans do not get bent or damaged. If the can appears to be expanding or there is evidence the can has been compromised, don't even attempt to eat it.

"When you see the world die, only then will you understand how real I was" - Charles Manson
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Video Forever Foods
October 30, 2014

So many things last forever, and can be a great bartering method for the future.

Best food storage seminar...for those who want to get started.

Friendship/Love/Trust/Respect/Unity for all living things...

People4People, proud member of Realist News since May 2011.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply