Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Binaural Beats, Food For The Brain
09-06-2011, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 09:22 AM by Slash'D.)
Lightbulb Binaural Beats, Food For The Brain
[Image: 220px-Binaural_beats.svg.png]

Ever wonder why you always seems to have to go somewere, have to fight something? Its called living in a beta brainwave state for the most of the day/week/month/year etc. I have personally used this for couple of years now, but since I felt so stressed last couple of days, I am starting to use it daily, for atleast 30 minutes, and if I feel like doing more and I can, I would do so. Its something I would like to share with you guys.

NOTE: can be annoying first when you have not used it before. Here is wikipedia on the subject,

Binaural beats or binaural tones are auditory processing artifacts, or apparent sounds, the perception of which arises in the brain for specific physical stimuli. This effect was discovered in 1839 by Heinrich Wilhelm Dove, and earned greater public awareness in the late 20th century based on claims that binaural beats could help induce relaxation, meditation, creativity and other desirable mental states. The effect on the brainwaves depends on the difference in frequencies of each tone, for example, if 300 Hz was played in one ear and 310 in the other, then the Binaural beat would have a frequency of 10 Hz.

The brain produces a phenomenon resulting in low-frequency pulsations in the amplitude and sound localization of a perceived sound when two tones at slightly different frequencies are presented separately, one to each of a subject's ears, using stereo headphones. A beating tone will be perceived, as if the two tones mixed naturally, out of the brain. The frequencies of the tones must be below 1,000 hertz for the beating to be noticeable. The difference between the two frequencies must be small (less than or equal to 30 Hz) for the effect to occur; otherwise, the two tones will be heard separately and no beat will be perceived. An on-line sound example of a sound with binaural beats can be found here.

Binaural beats are of interest to neurophysiologists investigating the sense of hearing.

Binaural beats reportedly influence the brain in more subtle ways through the entrainment of brainwaves and have been claimed to reduce anxiety and provide other health benefits such as control over pain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

Slash'D is Back
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Secret Investor Report Leaks: 5-Step Bayer/Monsanto Plan to Poison Our Food!!! Thinker 38 19,333 05-04-2019 10:45 AM
Last Post: Thinker
  From Facebook To Mind Control - Mark Zuckerberg And The Brain/Machine Interface Thinker 17 3,499 01-12-2019 02:37 PM
  Implanted Brain RFID Chip Gives Commands For Soldiers and CIA Hits Thinker 1 1,497 09-05-2017 01:39 PM
  Brain Health Breakthroughs: "Drink This Pesticide for Alzheimer’s Protection" Thinker 5 2,473 04-08-2017 09:43 PM
  U.S. First Certified Organic Fast Food Chain Is Here — and It Pays $16 an Hour Thinker 0 841 05-30-2016 04:03 AM
  Feds Bust Largest Food Stamp Fraud In US History! (U.S. Gov. Gets Immunity) Thinker 0 1,007 05-17-2016 10:52 PM
Question Male Brain VS Female Brain Which Works Better? People4People 0 1,209 02-04-2014 03:59 PM
Last Post: People4People
Exclamation 4 Parasites That Want To Invade Your Brain People4People 0 1,173 08-21-2013 11:53 AM
Last Post: People4People
  Something to consider when growing your own food. Joanna76 0 1,165 08-08-2013 09:20 PM
Last Post: Joanna76
  How animals eat their food Joanna76 1 1,584 04-13-2013 11:05 AM
Last Post: silversurfer