Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.
  • Registered Members: You can now "Favorite" any thread. See THIS THREAD

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
Radiation Found in Strawberries, Spinach, Kale
05-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Radiation Found in Strawberries, Spinach, Kale
Here are the latest test results from UCB. It has only been about two months and everything they have tested has come back with low isotopes. With radiation pouring out of the Fukishima Nuclear plant and heading east, the situation can only get worse.

Radionuclides, once deposited by rainwater or air onto the ground, will find their way through the ecosystem. We are already tracking its path from rainwater to creek runoff to tap water, but we would also like to monitor how much these isotopes that make their way into our food. For example, how much gets taken up by the grass and eventually winds up in our milk?

http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu

We have been collecting produce that is as local as possible to test for the radioactive isotopes. We might expect different kinds of plants to take up different quantities of cesium and iodine, so we are trying to measure as many different plants and fruits as we are able to. So far, we have measured grass, wild mushrooms, spinach, strawberries, cilantro, kale, and arugula. We have also measured local topsoil. As of 5/2, we will begin reporting on seaweed from the Northern California coast.

http://www.myweathertech.com/2011/05/04/...nach-kale/

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/jsnip4

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." -George Orwell
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2011, 06:59 PM
RE: Radiation Found in Strawberries, Spinach, Kale
Wow, this is terrible. Not the right thing to say at this time, I know, but I am sure glad I never moved to Cali.

THE END IS NIGH
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2011, 09:56 PM
I live on the West Coast. This may effect us first, but it will effect everyone eventually. Don't feel safe just because you don't live on the West Coast. I made that mistake when the Gulf oil disaster happened. It's just getting started!
05-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Shoot, I live on the Gulf coast and still haven't been affected by the BP oil spill, aside from the fact that I was depressed and scared that it would really turn into a toxic wasteland around here.

Supposedly the radiation won't get dragged down here to Florida due to the weather patterns. We shall see.

THE END IS NIGH
05-10-2011, 10:02 PM
(05-09-2011 06:59 PM)Fleck Wrote:  Wow, this is terrible. Not the right thing to say at this time, I know, but I am sure glad I never moved to Cali.

Fleck do you really think this is only a problem for California? really, this ***** it's coming to all of the States, we are all screw.

Only the Strong Survives
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM
(05-10-2011 10:02 PM)edd818 Wrote:  
(05-09-2011 06:59 PM)Fleck Wrote:  Wow, this is terrible. Not the right thing to say at this time, I know, but I am sure glad I never moved to Cali.

Fleck do you really think this is only a problem for California? really, this ***** it's coming to all of the States, we are all screw.

(05-10-2011 10:00 PM)Fleck Wrote:  Supposedly the radiation won't get dragged down here to Florida due to the weather patterns. We shall see.

THE END IS NIGH
05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
what i hate is that the media is not saying crap about all this, this is our foods people, come on, meybe they are trying to kill us slowly? NWO depopulation agenda un full effect.

Only the Strong Survives
05-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Sucks.

Cesium seems to be declining though. Is it just the initial surface exposure(air and rain) in these samples? The next crop would probably get exposed through irrigation water and soil during the entire growth cycle... Feels good to have food storage.

Goats are like mushrooms. If you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters.
--
Please Watch This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOZycbm3s08
A warning from 12g
---
Visit My Youtube-a-ruby-doob
05-10-2011, 10:19 PM
(05-10-2011 10:10 PM)edd818 Wrote:  what i hate is that the media is not saying crap about all this, this is our foods people, come on, meybe they are trying to kill us slowly? NWO depopulation agenda un full effect.

Absolutely.

Goats are like mushrooms. If you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters.
--
Please Watch This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOZycbm3s08
A warning from 12g
---
Visit My Youtube-a-ruby-doob
05-10-2011, 10:45 PM
(05-10-2011 09:56 PM)moonshadow Wrote:  I live on the West Coast. This may effect us first, but it will effect everyone eventually. Don't feel safe just because you don't live on the West Coast. I made that mistake when the Gulf oil disaster happened. It's just getting started!

Very true in your advice. I felt the same way with 9/11, being in the NJ/NY area when it happened and feeling involved by knowing acquaintances etc., and then hearing that people in CA were so non-chalant about it - I felt that there was so little compassion due to the geographical distance.

I know I can feel the same way when I hear of misfortunes far removed from me by location, and I feel we all need to be compassionate for each other. It's so easy to put our blinders on and run our individual races, but we need to break out of the mold that TPTB force us to reside in due to our fear of being vulnerable and hurt. It's time that we all take turn our collective backs on the easy way and step forward to the hard path of feeling the fear but doing 'it' anyway - the 'it' being everything that goes against the primal response.
05-10-2011, 11:36 PM
containers from Japan showing traces of radioactivity have been intercepted

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert_read.php?cid=30673

Nineteen containers from Japan showing traces of radioactivity have been intercepted in the Dutch port of Rotterdam, Dutch health authorities said on Tuesday. Five of the 19 containers showed radioactive levels above allowed standards, the Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (nVWA) added. "We have intercepted 19 containers," nVWA spokeswoman Marian Bestelink said. "We let 14 go because they showed contamination levels far below the allowed standards," of four becquerel per square centimeter, she said. A becquerel (Bq) is the international unit used to measure radiation given off by a source. "Five other containers were isolated because the contamination was above permittable levels," the nVWA said in a statement. After investigation it showed the contamination level of one of the containers to be at an average of 6Bq per square centimeter. Contamination levels on the other four containers were still being investigated, the nVWA said. The containers would be cleaned and another reading taken. They would be released as soon as levels dropped below permittable levels. The European Union decided on April 15 to strengthen controls to measure radioactivity on board ships arriving from Japan after the tsunami and subsequent nuclear disaster at Fukushima power plant on March 11. "Containers from Japan will be controlled for as long as necessary," the nVWA said.

"☢tHe creeper☢"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Citigroup Executive, 42, Found Dead In His Bathtub People4People 1 328 11-20-2014 11:10 AM
Last Post: Fiat Facade
  Alert! Radiation Levels Spike 7,000% at New Mexico’s WIPP Nuclear Site Thinker 0 538 11-13-2014 11:27 AM
Last Post: Thinker
Thumbs Down Obama Approves Raising Permissible Levels Of Nuclear Radiation In Drinking Water! People4People 2 760 09-25-2014 03:34 PM
Exclamation Dana Dumford Presenting Damming Evidence That Fukushima Radiation Is Killing Pacific People4People 1 1,027 08-16-2014 12:55 PM
Last Post: People4People
  Ebola Cure Found, Tobacco Kills The Virus HG Spacetime 2 1,913 08-06-2014 08:32 AM
  Celery Found To Kill 86% Of Lung Cancer Cells In Vitro Thinker 1 1,114 07-29-2014 03:43 PM
  JP Morgan Executive & Wife Dead Found Under Suspicious Circumstances Thinker 1 963 07-09-2014 09:40 PM
  11 Pound Gold Nugget Found Metal Detecting In Aus. HG Spacetime 1 651 07-02-2014 03:27 AM
Last Post: HG Spacetime
Sad Sailor Who Served On USS Ronald Reagan Dies After Radiation Exposure People4People 0 464 06-28-2014 08:47 PM
  Hormone-disrupting activity of fracking chemicals worse than initially found Thinker 0 329 06-23-2014 09:08 PM
Video 18 Unregulated Chemicals Found In Drinking Water Across The United States People4People 2 744 06-19-2014 01:41 AM
Shocked British Intelligence Advisor: CIA Conducted DNA Test on Obama – Found No Match to All People4People 1 637 06-18-2014 05:22 AM
Last Post: HG Spacetime
Exclamation Taxpayers Drop $1.4 Billion For Radiation Cleanup In South Carolina People4People 0 422 06-09-2014 03:42 PM
  100,000 immigrant children experimented on with high lethal doses of radiation Thinker 0 611 05-29-2014 02:30 AM
  Mass Fish Deaths: Millions Have Been Found Dead All Over The World In The Past Month silversurfer 1 890 05-23-2014 01:55 AM
Exclamation Large Fish Kill In New Jersey! Thousands Found Dead in Shark River! People4People 0 455 05-15-2014 05:15 AM
  'Fast and Furious' guns found their way to El Paso and Columbus, NM Thinker 0 363 04-18-2014 11:05 PM
Sad Fake Food: Frozen Meals - We Found 172 Ingredients for 48 Cents People4People 0 479 04-12-2014 08:44 PM
  Flight 370 Found Jsnip4 0 787 04-09-2014 08:00 PM
Last Post: Jsnip4
Star Report Flt 370 Passengers Alive, Another Said Black Box Found - Who Lies? People4People 3 749 04-08-2014 09:40 PM