Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.
  • Registered Members: You can now "Favorite" any thread. See THIS THREAD

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
junk silver vs silver bullion
11-29-2011, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 05:12 PM by sosexy86.)
junk silver vs silver bullion
Although many investors buy junk silver coins as bullion investments, other investors buy junk 90% silver coins for “survival purposes.” These buyers fear the worst for the dollar. They fear the dollar will be printed until it becomes worthless. If this “worst-case scenario” were to become reality, then U.S. 90% silver coins would be used the purpose they were originally minted: as money.

http://www.silvermonthly.com/junk-silver...90-silver/

Here are two videos I think are helpful for this topic:

I've been hording just bullion and now i'm think of getting some junk silver.

I would like to know what you guys think about this topic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
RE: junk silver vs silver bullion
Canadian silver Maple leafs are ten times more pure than ASE's...i think by now even the trolls got this one figured out!

So knowing you can buy the purest silver coins in the world which btw is the same type of silver used in the high electrical applications like Electric cars,computers. touch screen TV's ect.. then common sense would dictate that I would have to be the BIGGEST DING DONG in the world to go ahead and buy ASE's!

That is why I buy ether silver bullion bars made by a reputable refinery or I buy Canadian Silver Maple leafs, the choice is simple and clear to figure out and why some of you still struggle with this is beyond my understanding.

Maybe if the ASE's were just a little less pure, like maybe 85% pure silver, then maybe it would start to make sense to you all, but I don't need 85% or 90% or .999 to figure out that it's to my advantage to buy Canadian SML's which are .9999 pure for a cheaper price than ASE's.

common sense is free folks, use it when thinking about investing...or ask a lot of questions!
11-29-2011, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 05:13 PM by sosexy86.)
Did you not READ the tittle of this post? junk silver vs silver bullion not ASE's vs CML's. We all know CML's are better to own than ASE's.

I was just wanted to know your opinion about owning junk silver and the benefits of having some.

When SHTF you might not be able to barter with your 1oz coin because most Americans don't know what they are just yet.
11-29-2011, 05:12 PM
I have several silver eagle dollars that are stamped on the reverse, 1 oz. fine silver... but recently I bought a bag of about 300 mercury dimes, I believe for bartering purposes, smaller is better, whereas bullion should be sat on for longer term investment purposes, and NEVER sell them at the "we buy gold" places, you will get ripped off, I can assure you! My 2¢

Quote:The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government and shall protect each of them against Invasion.

-Article IV, Section IV of the United States Constitution.

http://www.youtube.com/italianlad69
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
(11-29-2011 05:12 PM)italianlad69 Wrote:  I have several silver eagle dollars that are stamped on the reverse, 1 oz. fine silver... but recently I bought a bag of about 300 mercury dimes, I believe for bartering purposes, smaller is better, whereas bullion should be sat on for longer term investment purposes, and NEVER sell them at the "we buy gold" places, you will get ripped off, I can assure you! My 2¢
Oooh, my mistake folks, these are not silver eagles I have, they're 1 oz walking liberty dollars..sorry, big difference

Quote:The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government and shall protect each of them against Invasion.

11-29-2011, 05:28 PM
I like/have both.

Junk dimes, quarters and halves. This is my SHTF money. I collect Morgans and Peace dollars too, but haven't bought any recently because the premiums are a bit too high right now. Gotta be careful with loose silver dollars because China has counterfeited tons of them. Never buy loose silver dollars on Ebay. Unexperienced newbies are easily fooled. I keep a few counterfeits on hand for comparison purposes.

As far a bullion goes, I prefer coins instead of bars. Fractionals are much easier to carry, barter with and sell. In my experience coin stores prefer fractional coins over bars. Large bars are nowhere near as liquid. ASE's and CML's are my Ag bullion of choice. They have a higher premiums, but they maintain the premium when you sell them.

I've been collecting numismatics since I was 12. Silver coins have always been my favorite.

"When you see the world die, only then will you understand how real I was" - Charles Manson
11-29-2011, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 05:32 PM by connectingdots1.)
(11-29-2011 04:29 PM)sosexy86 Wrote:  Did you not READ the tittle of this post? junk silver vs silver bullion not ASE's vs CML's. We all know CML's are better to own than ASE's.

I was just wanted to know your opinion about owning junk silver and the benefits of having some.

When SHTF you might not be able to barter with your 1oz coin because most Americans don't know what they are just yet.
Yes I did see it...but since your talking about investments then I figured i've put my My 2¢ along with some common sense.

And my common sense tells to not judge/base my investment portfolio based on someone's lack of knowledge of silver....just yet

Trust me that person may not know right now that Canadian SML's is much more pure silver than ASE's but once they read this thread they will...and that's why I posted my info...it's all about sharing knowledge with each other, sorry if you took it as an attack on your thread or towards you, that was not the intention.
11-29-2011, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 09:54 PM by sosexy86.)
I did and I apologize for my rudeness. I haven't had my sodium fluoride kool-aid today.
11-29-2011, 05:56 PM
I bought some silver dimes recently but probably with too much a premium. I just bought 4 rolls of silver quarters at 8$ over spot per roll. Not bad at all! The guy has 4 left on ebay at a pretty decent buy it now price.

the guy is fredsandfordstuff on ebay..

I am not afraid.
11-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Lightbulb RE: junk silver vs silver bullion
(11-29-2011 05:56 PM)SoberOne Wrote:  I bought some silver dimes recently but probably with too much a premium. I just bought 4 rolls of silver quarters at 8$ over spot per roll. Not bad at all! The guy has 4 left on ebay at a pretty decent buy it now price.

I believe it would benefit everyone to scrutinize over the change that they have saved, as well as the change they have in their pockets, about ready to spend! How many times have we overlooked the change we have accumulated? I just found 2 1964 JFK Half/Dollars in my own collection and four silver Quarters that were minted in 1963 and '64. For everyone who is change concious, I'll post the years and denominations to look out for, and if you find them, save them:

For Jefferson Quarters: 1932-1964, 90% silver and weigh 6.25 grams

For Roosevelt Dimes: 1946-1964, 90% silver and weigh 2.5 grams

For Mercury Dimes (hard to come across): 1916-1945, 90% silver and weigh 2.5 grams

For JFK Half/Dollars: 1964, 90% silver and weigh 12.50 grams 1965-1970, 40% silver clad and weigh 11.50 grams, 1971-Present, no silver content.

Here's cool idea, print out some cards with cleverly printed designs, or cool sounding slogans like FREE SILVER etc. and hand them out to people! What a great way to get people to become concious of precious metals, and if they're armed with the knowledge, they can save them if they find them.

11-29-2011, 07:08 PM
(11-29-2011 06:54 PM)italianlad69 Wrote:  
(11-29-2011 05:56 PM)SoberOne Wrote:  I bought some silver dimes recently but probably with too much a premium. I just bought 4 rolls of silver quarters at 8$ over spot per roll. Not bad at all! The guy has 4 left on ebay at a pretty decent buy it now price.

I believe it would benefit everyone to scrutinize over the change that they have saved, as well as the change they have in their pockets, about ready to spend! How many times have we overlooked the change we have accumulated? I just found 2 1964 JFK Half/Dollars in my own collection and four silver Quarters that were minted in 1963 and '64. For everyone who is change concious, I'll post the years and denominations to look out for, and if you find them, save them:

For Mercury Dimes (hard to come across): 1916-1945, 90% silver and weigh 2.5 grams

For JFK Half/Dollars: 1964, 90% silver and weigh 12.50 grams 1965-1970, 40% silver clad and weigh 11.50 grams, 1971-Present, no silver content.

Here's cool idea, print out some cards with cleverly printed designs, or cool sounding slogans like FREE SILVER etc. and hand them out to people! What a great way to get people to become concious of precious metals, and if they're armed with the knowledge, they can save them if they find them.

Better yet, offer to buy it from them for dollar bills and keep what you find :) Now I know why every store has a change counter in them now... free PM's!

I am not afraid.
11-29-2011, 07:25 PM
(11-29-2011 07:08 PM)SoberOne Wrote:  
(11-29-2011 06:54 PM)italianlad69 Wrote:  

Better yet, offer to buy it from them for dollar bills and keep what you find :) Now I know why every store has a change counter in them now... free PM's!
Yeah that's right! ***** did you ever wonder why BoA and other banks offer "keep the change"? It's an electronic fork over of your change from checking to savings. It's an attempt to keep the metal out of our hands for those who are none the wiser about pre-mints in silver! All the while they're probably trying their hardest to acquisition all of those coins back, and out of circulation..

11-29-2011, 10:28 PM
(11-29-2011 05:30 PM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  
(11-29-2011 04:29 PM)sosexy86 Wrote:  Did you not READ the tittle of this post? junk silver vs silver bullion not ASE's vs CML's. We all know CML's are better to own than ASE's.

Yes I did see it...but since your talking about investments then I figured i've put my My 2¢ along with some common sense.

And my common sense tells to not judge/base my investment portfolio based on someone's lack of knowledge of silver....just yet

Trust me that person may not know right now that Canadian SML's is much more pure silver than ASE's but once they read this thread they will...and that's why I posted my info...it's all about sharing knowledge with each other, sorry if you took it as an attack on your thread or towards you, that was not the intention.

The thing that pisses me off is that you insult those who hold American Silver Eagles. Dickish if you ask me...

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
11-29-2011, 10:38 PM
(11-29-2011 10:28 PM)UCOMusic Wrote:  
(11-29-2011 05:30 PM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  

The thing that pisses me off is that you insult those who hold American Silver Eagles. Dickish if you ask me...

I agree with UCO. Thanks for speaking up.
11-29-2011, 10:38 PM
The Queen Lizardbeth on the coin really irks the ***** out of me
11-29-2011, 10:46 PM
I live in the United States, not Canada. May not mean much to everyone, but it means something to me. Not to mention in the US at least, ASE's pull a greater premium right now.

.01 x more or 10 times more, silver "purity", it won't matter now or in a collapse scenario the way I see it. In fact, 90% junk or cull silver US minted coins are in my sights for the market pull back.

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
11-29-2011, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 10:52 PM by connectingdots1.)
I don't really care what you fellows think, I care more about making money and using common sense, you can call it what you want but I'm simply pointing out the true facts and it's pissing you off because you can't argue with them and you happen to be one of those who follow the heard instead of thinking using your common sense.

And btw,i'm not calling you anything but if you continue to chose ASE's over SML's then will have demonstrated your true ignorance.

sorry, I'm not here to make friends, I'd rather tell the truth than be part of lie or spreading BS US Gov propaganda lies.

thanks....no buy the SML's and your children can thank me after common sense returns to the true value of PM's.

The reason why Chinese investors seek the SML's...maybe you should try to figure out why...is my advice.
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 10:59 PM by UCOMusic.)
You don't need to insult people for what they choose to do. You come across as an arrogant ass hat when it comes to Silver, which is too bad because you have a lot to offer on this forum. You may not be here to make friends but your reasoning for what your motivations truly are (to make money) tells me, a simpleton American sheep in your eyes, that you are selling Canadian Maple syrup rounds and want to pump the market. At least that's what it seems... I want US minted coins. I don't give a rats ass what your math says. I don't see ANY source selling Maples at a premium over ANY other rounds... In fact, I see Pandas selling at the highest premiums. So why is that if China is buying Maples Syrup? Anyway, I'm not going to get into a pissing match about this with you like many have here.... I don't have the desire, nor do I care enough about being right on any one subject. Seems to me you are pumping maples. Buy all you want, if you don't care about what other people do or making friends, why do you try so hard to stomp your feet and prove you're right? Just a thought. One love.

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 11:18 PM by connectingdots1.)
oh and btw...what your US gov is pulling off to some of idiots is very very similar to what Nero pulled off when was in charge of Roman Empire.

He water-down the value/purity of the ppl's silver coins in attempt to pay the debts he incurred.

But eh...if some of you folks wanna keep buying silver coins with lesser purity for more money rather than buying one which is more pure, then have at 'er!

I won't stand in the way of your common sense on this forum!

PS...I don't pump anything but common sense,, take it or leave ,I don't care....but also, I don't sell SML's but if you insist on playing stupid with me again and throw more of your petty crap at me, that I'll remind that there's more than just SML's which are the purest, do you know what country make s them?

probably aand neither do the average person here and if you know what country can you supply us with a link to buy them and show us the cost to have them flown here along with Duty?...probably not!

But, can you provide me a link that shows where you can buy SML's in the USA for cheaper than ASE's?

I tired of this stupid charade this forum plays...are we smart people or just trying to spread BS propaganda?

I'm also sick and tired of being accused of being a PM's dealer...trust me buddy IF I were I sure as hell would NOT be wasting my time in here promoting silver!
I'd be out there making silver videos,again today in the comments of the video that was just uploaded, the first comment that came out was when I was going to start making silver videos again!!...now does that sound like I'm a silver dealer to you ?...further you and others here I'm sure are fully aware that I traveled back and forth across Canada doing a radiation tour and during my travels I had to sell silver bullion to get by.
I wasn't selling to customers, i sold to do the tour(foods,Gas,hotels.motels,repairs,ect) and when I returned I didn't go back to selling silver, I went Gold prospecting!

You can call me a Youtuber, humanitarian, a father, a truther even a conspiracy researcher but stop calling me a dealer....ok Dickish?

Yes this time I did call you a name...now hopefully it stops here!

SML's TEN TIMES MORE PURE than ASE's...buy now while they're CHEAP!
11-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Not sure you care for America very much. Kind of comes through pretty clearly with people who resent our country. Delt with it my entire life. btw... I'm not saying your wrong, but your attack on what other people choose to do is suspect.

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Top 14 Reasons To Buy Silver!!! People4People 24 2,692 Today 12:04 PM
Last Post: Altair Zielite
Wink Silver plunging... how low will it go? Altair Zielite 9 432 Today 09:28 AM
Last Post: Fiat Facade
  New from Jsnip4-Silver Mining Company and CEO band together silversurfer 1 313 10-29-2014 02:51 AM
Last Post: silversurfer
  Mining CEO Proposes: Crush Market Manipulation By Halting Silver Sales Arctic 1 342 10-24-2014 06:29 PM
  Governments seize colloidal silver being used to treat Ebola patients, says advocate Arctic 5 1,826 10-19-2014 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sidney Boudro
Exclamation It Only Takes One Ounce Of Silver To Change & Unite The World For 100% People4People 3 1,058 09-28-2014 02:11 AM
Last Post: Thinker
  Silver Dives. Altair Zielite 16 1,502 09-22-2014 01:29 PM
  Bloomberg Admits: THE $5 TRILLION ANNUAL SILVER MARKET FRAUD — SGT Interview silversurfer 4 1,574 09-19-2014 01:43 PM
  Silver Buyers Keep Stacking And Demand Higher Despite Falling Prices Thinker 2 906 09-18-2014 05:03 PM
  My take on the future of silver Fiat Facade 13 2,642 09-11-2014 01:20 PM
  Reason #2 The Silver Noose Is Tightening. silversurfer 4 827 09-06-2014 08:30 AM
  THE BANKERS REAL THREAT: Physical Silver Bar & Coin Demand silversurfer 8 1,774 08-24-2014 11:39 AM
  Gold and Silver: What the IRS Needs to Know About Your Investments(And What They Dont Arctic 3 1,433 08-12-2014 07:54 PM
  Junk Bonds are Crashin' Yukon Jack 2 838 08-02-2014 01:05 PM
  THE COMING SILVER SHORTAGE-New!-Time To Buy Below Mining Cost silversurfer 11 1,660 07-30-2014 07:38 AM
Last Post: NorthBlade
  SHOCKING RED CROSS EXPOSE – Providing Useless Junk To Sandy Victims? silversurfer 3 2,205 07-21-2014 08:43 PM
  JPM Has RUN OUT of Physical Silver- Most Explosive Gains of Entire Bull Market Ahead! Thinker 5 1,095 07-20-2014 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mac
Question Gold & Silver Profit Game - Are You Playing Along With The Bankers? People4People 2 762 07-18-2014 11:12 PM
Exclamation Gold Price Manipulation Red Flag Alert Dollar Is Dying - Time To Buy Gold & Silver!!! People4People 2 1,121 07-17-2014 08:05 PM
Wink Mexico Looks To Back Peso With Silver Balancing of Power! firstfridaysrevival 0 617 07-14-2014 11:00 PM
Last Post: firstfridaysrevival