Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.
  • Registered Members: You can now "Favorite" any thread. See THIS THREAD

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.25 Average
Is Copper a Good investment right now?
11-16-2011, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2011 12:58 AM by UCOMusic.)
Is Copper a Good investment right now?
I got into Silver after it was past the mid $20 price range and bought most of it around $30 or higher. Feel like I missed out as I could use some of that cash to pay some bills now and will break even at best.

How about Copper? 1 oz rounds seem to be readily available. Any opinions on whether grabbing some of this now is a good idea? Could it be the "next Silver" in terms of being able to buy it cheap today and watching it climb 10 fold over the next decade?

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2011, 02:20 PM
RE: Is Copper a Good investment right now?
You have to hold it long term. You might ought not have bought in if you're struggling to pay bills..
Truthfully anything is better than paper. Peanut butter, gasoline, bricks.. Everything will be going up in price. But silver has a lot of ground to gain to get back to its historic balance with gold. The ratio is over 50 to one now, its supposed to be 20 or less.
Copper will go up in the sense that the dollar will go down, but it isn't a precious metal. I don't know of anyone sitting on tons of copper. But percentagewise, silver is the way to go. Its completely undervalued.

Taleb's The Black Swan: the key to understanding the way you understand what you don't understand.
Read it.
11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I'v been collecting coins since I was a kid so I have some copper for fun. I still think sliver and gold are probably still a more sound investment.
11-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Copper mines are many many years away from depletion but according to the USGS silver mines will be around 2020, Copper doesn't mean money like silver does in 14 other languages. In fact Copper has been used to diminish the value of silver money. Copper doesn't have anywhere the same properties as silver does. Copper isn't the second largest traded commodity in the world after crude oil, Copper isn't the #1 commodity used month after month in new patents applications but silver is. Copper hasn't nearly as manipulated as silver has...you'll have to study Ted Butler to get the Full picture/extent.

There are but just few reasons why I came up within a few seconds off the top of my head.

If you follow the Webbots or read what some of us here have said then you'd already know that silver is taking that 3 month break before the next leg up...TPTB are trying to shake you loose hands out..don't sell yet, hold on if you can is my advice.
11-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys. You're right, I'd be better off buying 1oz Silver than 20oz of Copper at this point. Peace.

YOU'RE ALL FRACKED!
11-16-2011, 06:18 PM
(11-16-2011 04:47 PM)connectingdots1 Wrote:  If you follow the Webbots or read what some of us here have said then you'd already know that silver is taking that 3 month break before the next leg up...TPTB are trying to shake you loose hands out..don't sell yet, hold on if you can is my advice.

When did this 3 months start?

It appears to me that silver has been taking a break since start of May 2011.

Also where do you get the webbot reports? I hear Jsnip4 and you guys talk about them all the time.

Dan
11-16-2011, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2011 06:28 PM by connectingdots1.)
Well jsnip4 buys the reports and I get them sent from a fellow 2012'er who's been sending them to me since 2009 after reading a thread I posted depicting the future of things to come.
He mentioned many of my predictions were similar to the Webbots, I told him that I had never heard of them so he shared me his copy... and the rest is history.

you can buy the report from halfpasthuman.com for $10 USD....or subscribe to jsnip4 and read what we all share here!

11-16-2011, 07:04 PM
You can still invest in copper without really spending anything but the time to do it. Now lets be honest here if its not tons your collecting its not worth your time your going to spend. And your not going to be rich unless you have yourself a million pounds (goal to acheive) So your going to have to move volumes of it easly and efficantly. Design a sorter because you will not be able to check visually every one in large volumes. so Use the fact that pre 82's are heavier and also can be influenced by a strong magnet more. My thought on this is to roll the pennies down a ramp and use the magnet to deflect copper pennies and allow zinc to pass through. Test this as I have not yet but I will this winter. Collect pre-82 US pennies. Always worth 1 cent each. Zero risk. The increase in copper price is inflation not demand. They are worth more then face and at this time and its illegal to scrap them right now. So in a sense is on sell with guarented 100% return. But its not illegal to have them. Laws are only as good as they are able to be inforced. So collect them, hold them, and do what you will with them now or later.
You are as free as you allow yourself to be never forget that!
Now other forms of copper like household plumbing/electrical wiring. Well people think its worth going to jail over from stealing then its worth collecting. Try to find farmers and even watch as your driving down the road for trash put out. You'd be surprize at how much is just laying by the curb going to landfills(future mines) I wouldnt worry about small diameter copperwire due to the amount of stripping of the installation. Also most motors are steel/iron weight wise both that could be scrapped. Altenators are the best no magnets and double the coils/copper. just watch your knucks and use the proper tools when dismantling them!

Thats how people get hurt when they are lazy and try to take short cuts.
stockmarket roulette lottery retirements same can be said there also!

Now that I have told you and everyone else reading this. Can Ya'll do me one favor Dont take all the copper before I have a chance to start myself! You greedy bunch of %#&*@*%&
LOL

This is the offical new motto for the US Government
"Do As I Say Not As I Do"

Also ever tanglible item is worth something to someone it just depends
So deversify Gold Silver Copper Food Guns Bullets Virgins. :P

jmtomes2001, proud member of Realist News since Oct 2011.
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2011 07:31 PM by Fiat Facade.)
Don't buy copper rounds... not yet at least. Right now copper is free! As JMtomes said, all you need to do is start sorting and hoarding pre-1982 pennies. When copper is $4.50/lb, one copper penny is worth 3 cents. 154 copper pennies = 1 lb of copper. Copper pennies are not pure copper, they are 95% copper and 5% zinc.

I've been hoarding copper pennies now for about the last 3 years. I have almost 1 ton of them. I also seperate all the wheat pennies. An average dated wheatie in circulated condition is worth around 6-7 cents each in coin market.

They only thing you have to do is get the pennies in order to sort through them. The best way to do this is have a couple different bank accounts at different banks and ask for 1 box ($25) everytime you visit. If you live in a city, the amount of pennies you will be able to acquire is much greater than someone who lives in a rural area because there are many bank branches around.

1 box of pennies contains 2500 pennies. On average there are 20-30% copper pennies still in circulation. So, for every 2500 pennies it should yield about 750 copper pennies... which is 4.5 lbs of copper. It takes some work, but after a while you will have several hundred pounds of copper pennies. I haven't sold any of them yet... this is a long term investment for me. It's fun when you find the old ones in good shape. I found a few silver dimes searching penny rolls too. It's a great hobby if you have lots of time on your hands, like I do.

"When you see the world die, only then will you understand how real I was" - Charles Manson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Interview - Ambrose Evans Pritchard - 'China, Gold, Euro, Chicago Plan JPMsecretagent 1 680 09-27-2014 09:57 AM
Last Post: JPMsecretagent
  Senior members, in need of a good laugh? razzle34dazzle 1 644 09-23-2014 09:34 PM
Last Post: Fiat Facade
  Good Martin Armstong Interview Financial Survival Network, a07216 8 2,068 09-19-2014 02:51 PM
Last Post: a07216
  Santelli Goes Berserk, Slams Fed Which Was "Not Created To Be A Feel-Good Institution silversurfer 1 645 07-17-2014 02:25 AM
Last Post: People4People
  "America Has Ceased to Exist": Investment Guru Doug Casey on Coming Economic Meltdown Thinker 0 688 06-26-2014 09:56 PM
Last Post: Thinker
  China pledges to quadruple investment in Africa Thinker 1 347 05-14-2014 01:54 AM
Last Post: HG Spacetime
  Steven Seagal on RT-Obama Regime Very Good at Controlling Media& Propaganda silversurfer 1 534 02-13-2014 02:32 AM
  We Got Hammered Pretty Good. JPMsecretagent 5 865 01-10-2014 04:07 AM
Last Post: MaKaElectric
  Good News - Nobel Winner Declares Boycott of Top Science Journals JPMsecretagent 0 508 01-08-2014 11:09 AM
  Are these free bitcoin things good??? ohoh7 8 1,019 01-07-2014 10:41 PM
Last Post: Night Owl
  What's the Better Investment? Bitcoin miner or Hydraulic Sawmill JPMsecretagent 22 2,663 12-30-2013 08:01 AM
Last Post: helendouglas
Bug Gates Foundation Profits From Investment In Private Prisons People4People 0 1,663 12-12-2013 03:34 PM
Video Obama Whines On "Hardball" How Media Doesn't Talk About The Good Things Gov't Does People4People 1 409 12-07-2013 12:48 PM
Thumbs Up Josie's Got A Gun & Message Of Why Good People Should Be Armed - Christmas Is Coming People4People 0 506 12-03-2013 08:12 PM
  Quarkcoin - Watch it, might not be that good. NorthBlade 3 950 12-03-2013 08:40 AM
Last Post: NorthBlade
Shocked UNICEF International Investment In Syria For Children - US Citizens Budget Cuts? People4People 0 492 11-02-2013 06:53 PM
  Is now a good time to buy silver?? ohoh7 18 4,151 11-02-2013 02:05 PM
Last Post: ohoh7
  Good Advice??? Joanna76 2 598 11-01-2013 09:16 AM
Last Post: davissmith
  A good tool to download, print out & share.... Joanna76 0 386 10-22-2013 10:05 PM
Last Post: Joanna76
  Mark Twain's Top 9 Tips for Living A Good Life JPMsecretagent 2 774 10-06-2013 10:30 PM