Announcments
  • REALIST NEWS: Where you don't have to worry about drama. No Spam posts and STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important news website.
  • Registered Members: You can now "Favorite" any thread. See THIS THREAD

When posting content located on some other website, please post no more than 20% of their content and always provide a link. Also, Multiple forum handles/IDs are NOT permitted.
If you see a spam post please click the "Report" button on that specific post. Also, what I don't want on my forum is name calling and cussing at people or direct insults. Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3 Average
EBT system is down - it could be nationwide
10-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Now this could get serious.

-------------------------------------
CBS reports:

Reports from around the country began pouring in around 9 a.m. on Saturday that customers’ EBT cards were not working in stores. The glitch, however, did not appear to be part of the government shutdown. At 2 p.m., an EBT customer service representative told CBS Boston that the system was currently down for a computer system upgrade.

The representative said the glitch is affecting people nationwide. She could not say when officials expected the system to be restored.

People calling the customer service line were being told to call back later.

State officials said they were preparing a statement to further explain the issue.

The federal EBT website was unavailable due to the government shutdown.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-12...blamed#new

"When you see the world die, only then will you understand how real I was" - Charles Manson
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

10-12-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: EBT system is down - it could be nationwide
People in 17 states found themselves unable to buy groceries with their food stamp debit-style cards Saturday after a routine check by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure.

Xerox spokeswoman Karen Arena tells USA Today that some Electronic Benefits Transfer systems were experiencing connectivity issues after a routine test of a backup system at a location in the Midwest caused an outage at about 10 a.m. ET. The test was part of a regular maintenance schedule, Arena said.

Xerox started receiving calls soon afterward.

"I understand right now that the system is back up and running,'' Arena said early Saturday evening. "But some states may be experiencing connectivity" issues.

U.S. Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Courtney Rowe underscored that the outage is not related to the federal government shutdown. Xerox runs EBT card systems for 17 states. All were affected by the outage.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2013...s/2972713/

"When you see the world die, only then will you understand how real I was" - Charles Manson
10-12-2013, 06:33 PM
There was a lot of pissed off folks over at the Wal-mart from what I have been hearing today.. They had to call in extra cops to keep ppl from flipping out. I hope they have something on the late night news, If so I will share!! lol

Joanna76, proud member of Realist News since Aug 2011.
10-12-2013, 07:27 PM
(10-12-2013 06:33 PM)Joanna76 Wrote:  There was a lot of pissed off folks over at the Wal-mart from what I have been hearing today.. They had to call in extra cops to keep ppl from flipping out. I hope they have something on the late night news, If so I will share!! lol

If they were freaking out over a glitch, what are they going to do when it's for real?!

EnoughIsEnough1776, proud member of Realist News since Apr 2013.
10-12-2013, 07:28 PM
(10-12-2013 07:27 PM)EnoughIsEnough1776 Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 06:33 PM)Joanna76 Wrote:  There was a lot of pissed off folks over at the Wal-mart from what I have been hearing today.. They had to call in extra cops to keep ppl from flipping out. I hope they have something on the late night news, If so I will share!! lol

If they were freaking out over a glitch, what are they going to do when it's for real?!

Answer:

Got food? Got ammo?

10-12-2013, 07:32 PM
(10-12-2013 07:28 PM)Fiat Facade Wrote:  

Answer:

Got food? Got ammo?

Yes and yes!

10-12-2013, 07:44 PM
(10-12-2013 07:32 PM)EnoughIsEnough1776 Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 07:28 PM)Fiat Facade Wrote:  

Answer:

Got food? Got ammo?

Yes and yes!

The more, the better.

This is serious guys. The US has 50 million on food stamps.

Hungry/desperate people are very dangerous.

10-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Obama Sanctions The American Citizen To Get A Bill Passed
Oct 12, 2013

Get ready for riots in the street if the ststem doesn't go back up!!!

Walmart not able to process EBT cards

Over 50% of Americans depend on the EBT and this is an Obama tactic to get Republicans to pass the bill the Obamacare bill to hell!

The card holders are coming out in droves in the last 10 hours!!!

Do many to post...here is the link of those who are now at the mercy of Obama!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...12%2C+2013

While Obama continues to spend millions by the minute for war...the people are let behind by a nation that is being run by a non-American and his actions continue to show the people that he is what he is...a African Jew!

His passport says it ALL!!!

Time to demand proof of American citizenship for the man who calls himself Commander and Chief!

Friendship/Love/Respect for all living things...

People4People, proud member of Realist News since May 2011.
10-12-2013, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 11:30 PM by EnoughIsEnough1776.)
As of 10:13 Central time...still no go on the EBT cards. A report I read said they hope to have them working again by Monday. If they don't get them up and rolling Fiat is right, it could get serious. Could it be a test?

10-12-2013, 11:58 PM
Video RE: EBT system is down - it could be nationwide
EBT Nationwide Shutdown- Financial Collapse & 72 Hour Martial Law Alert

~The beginning of wisdom is the awe of God ~" Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein~

>>> WE monitor YOU<<<

[Image: nibiru.jpg]
10-13-2013, 08:48 AM
No compromise: Obama refuses to raise debt ceiling for 6 weeks

President Obama has rejected raising America's debt ceiling for 6 weeks beyond the October 17 deadline. The compromise was put forward by congressional Republicans, who sought to win time for negotiation and avert an unprecedented US default next week.

http://rt.com/business/obama-debt-ceiling-default-018/

Arctic, proud member of Realist News since Feb 2013.
10-13-2013, 10:11 AM
The people interviewed, millions like them. Clueless, dependent trained morons with no pride. Wouldn't surprise me if majority of states with no service were Republican, a political warning shot, pure speculation? A glitch it could be.

EBT Card System Restored After Computer Glitch Disables Service

The debit-card system that allows people on public assistance to buy food was temporarily disabled by a computer glitch on Saturday, impacting welfare recipients in Los Angeles and other cities across the country.

“Beneficiary access to programs such as SNAP, TANF, and other programs has been restored to the 17 states where Xerox provides EBT service,” Xerox said in a statement issued Saturday evening. “Re-starting the EBT system required time to ensure service was back at full functionality.”

http://ktla.com/2013/10/12/shoppers-repo...er-states/

JPMsecretagent, proud member of Realist News since Jun 2011.
10-13-2013, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013 10:53 AM by Fiat Facade.)
(10-13-2013 10:11 AM)JPMsecretagent Wrote:  The people interviewed, millions like them. Clueless, dependent trained morons with no pride. Wouldn't surprise me if majority of states with no service were Republican, a political warning shot, pure speculation? A glitch it could be.

This concludes our test of the EBT welfare system...

Had this been a real emergency, you would be fully locked down under martial law...

This was only a test.

10-13-2013, 11:26 AM
(10-13-2013 10:52 AM)Fiat Facade Wrote:  
(10-13-2013 10:11 AM)JPMsecretagent Wrote:  The people interviewed, millions like them. Clueless, dependent trained morons with no pride. Wouldn't surprise me if majority of states with no service were Republican, a political warning shot, pure speculation? A glitch it could be.

Had this been a real emergency, you would be fully locked down under martial law...

This was only a test.

Yep, that's my thinking. We've seen it before with the banking bailouts. Flick of the switch control to cause chaos used as political leverage to advance "their" agenda. At some point the dependent dupes may be called to serve without ever knowing they were pawns. Suspect they could be marked for "elimination" after their usefulness is spent. Perhaps opening the door for the agenda 21 crowd to scoop up inner city real-estate before anyone knows what really happened? Makes an interesting movie script anyway..... lol

10-13-2013, 12:02 PM
(10-13-2013 10:52 AM)Fiat Facade Wrote:  

This was only a test.
I believe for what it is worth that it was a TRIAL BALLOON to see what the reaction
would be . Perfect timing with the Gov. "shut down" . If those Republicans would only
cooperate things like this would never happen .

Wayno55, proud member of Realist News since Feb 2013.
10-13-2013, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013 12:07 PM by HG Spacetime.)
Most interesting, a controlled test conducted by Federal Government collect reaction data upon that segment of public dependent upon EBT card for food, I'm sure it provided valuable data for to those insecure half-witted bureaucratic losers. It's still few years off, when things really go bad, note you may not want be in the USA anymore when that happens.
10-14-2013, 07:55 AM
EBT was still down as of last night in Cli, and Texas so not sure who is saying it is up and running again. I plan on sticking around the US even when the crap hits the fan. However I will be ready.

Your Destiny is Your future.

Want to learn to earn?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-14-2013, 08:46 AM
(10-14-2013 07:55 AM)ohoh7 Wrote:  EBT was still down as of last night in Cli, and Texas so not sure who is saying it is up and running again. I plan on sticking around the US even when the crap hits the fan. However I will be ready.

You and me both Oh7!

10-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Walmart shelves in Springhill, Mansfield, cleared in EBT glitch

Posted: Oct 13, 2013 1:38 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 14, 2013 7:31 AM EDT

MANSFIELD, LA (KSLA) -

Shelves in Walmart stores in Springhill and Mansfield, LA were reportedly cleared Saturday night, when the stores allowed purchases on EBT cards even though they were not showing limits.

The chaos that followed ultimately required intervention from local police, and left behind numerous carts filled to overflowing, apparently abandoned when the glitch-spurred shopping frenzy ended.

Springhill Police Chief Will Lynd confirms they were called in to help the employees at Walmart because there were so many people clearing off the shelves. He says Walmart was so packed, "It was worse than any black Friday" that he's ever seen.

Lynd explained the cards weren't showing limits and they called corporate Walmart, whose spokesman said to let the people use the cards anyway. From 7 to 9 p.m., people were loading up their carts, but when the cards began showing limits again around 9, one woman was detained because she rang up a bill of $700.00 and only had .49 on her card. She was held by police until corporate Walmart said they wouldn't press charges if she left the food.

Lynd says at 9 p.m., when the cards came back online and it was announced over the loud speaker, people just left their carts full of food in the aisles and left.

"Just about everything is gone, I've never seen it in that condition," said Mansfield Walmart customer Anthony Fuller..............

http://www.kltv.com/story/23679489/walma...ebt-glitch

10-14-2013, 09:25 AM
(10-14-2013 09:17 AM)JPMsecretagent Wrote:  Walmart shelves in Springhill, Mansfield, cleared in EBT glitch

Posted: Oct 13, 2013 1:38 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 14, 2013 7:31 AM EDT

MANSFIELD, LA (KSLA) -

Shelves in Walmart stores in Springhill and Mansfield, LA were reportedly cleared Saturday night, when the stores allowed purchases on EBT cards even though they were not showing limits.

The chaos that followed ultimately required intervention from local police, and left behind numerous carts filled to overflowing, apparently abandoned when the glitch-spurred shopping frenzy ended.

Springhill Police Chief Will Lynd confirms they were called in to help the employees at Walmart because there were so many people clearing off the shelves. He says Walmart was so packed, "It was worse than any black Friday" that he's ever seen.

Lynd explained the cards weren't showing limits and they called corporate Walmart, whose spokesman said to let the people use the cards anyway. From 7 to 9 p.m., people were loading up their carts, but when the cards began showing limits again around 9, one woman was detained because she rang up a bill of $700.00 and only had .49 on her card. She was held by police until corporate Walmart said they wouldn't press charges if she left the food.

Lynd says at 9 p.m., when the cards came back online and it was announced over the loud speaker, people just left their carts full of food in the aisles and left.

"Just about everything is gone, I've never seen it in that condition," said Mansfield Walmart customer Anthony Fuller..............

http://www.kltv.com/story/23679489/walma...ebt-glitch

This country has lost it's mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sen. Sessions: 'Deliberate Plan by President' to Collapse U.S. Law Enforcement System Arctic 0 189 04-11-2014 07:35 AM
Last Post: Arctic
  California drought could force key water system to cut deliveries Arctic 7 945 03-01-2014 06:11 AM
Last Post: Thinker
  United States Lawless justice System Is Nothing More Then Criminal Racketeering All$enslaves 3 790 02-07-2014 01:12 PM
Last Post: People4People
  Argentine Banking System Archives Destroyed By Deadly Fire Arctic 0 370 02-06-2014 01:03 AM
Last Post: Arctic
Lightbulb British Education System Designed For Americans & Control By Collective Thoughts People4People 1 363 02-05-2014 02:07 PM
Lightbulb 5 Countries Battle Against IMF & World Bank One Banking System People4People 2 796 01-23-2014 03:44 PM
Last Post: HG Spacetime
  China new hypersonic Nuke missile delivery system HG Spacetime 0 325 01-14-2014 12:58 PM
  “Palm Wallet” Vein Reading Biometric Payment System Unveiled At CES 2014 mcetcher 1 339 01-14-2014 12:41 PM
Last Post: JPMsecretagent
Information US Debtors Prison System Taxpayer Rip Off - Cost More Locking Debtors Up Than Owed People4People 2 264 12-28-2013 06:56 PM
Bug Obamacare Inc. Healthcare Backdoor To Military TRICARE Unified System People4People 1 324 12-26-2013 04:30 PM
Last Post: ohoh7
Photo Map: Areas Of Probable Power System Collapse People4People 0 590 12-21-2013 05:30 PM
Big Grin Billionaires Who Have No Shame Taking Checks From The US Free For All Broken System People4People 0 223 12-07-2013 02:45 PM
  US Judicial System - Why A Fair Trial Is Like Playing Roulette People4People 5 624 12-01-2013 01:49 PM
Exclamation Global Financial & Trading Platforms On System Overload - Collapse Is On Its Way! People4People 0 388 11-07-2013 07:51 PM
Video Potentially Habitable Planet Found Beyond The Solar System AdamAntium 9 526 11-04-2013 01:14 PM
Exclamation Snowden Revelations Creating A Separation Of World Powers By New Internet System People4People 2 481 10-25-2013 07:15 AM
Last Post: Fiat Facade
  FINANCIAL BACKUP SYSTEM FOR THE PEOPLE? All$enslaves 0 218 10-12-2013 08:10 PM
Last Post: All$enslaves
Exclamation Banks Reorganization Making Big Changes For New One World Banking System! People4People 1 704 10-08-2013 12:01 PM
  Regarding New Financial System Patent of the PTB All$enslaves 0 275 09-16-2013 02:28 PM
Last Post: All$enslaves
Information Wallmart Founder Learned A System Most Don't Know To Keep Money Earned In The Pocket People4People 0 539 09-12-2013 09:16 PM